Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Should be managed for a week and give Miller a go against Wet Coke

Reactions: 4 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
This is how I feel.
He needs a week off, not playing in the twos but a week to put the feet up and try to refresh.
His confidence looks down. Earlier in the year he was playing with authority now he is hesitant and unsure.

I would give him the week off and then let him come back through the VFL. Let him wipe the floor with a couple of second tier key forwards and be able to enjoy it.
Footy looks hard work for him at the moment.
Yep that's the words Josey. Playing with authority early and now hesitant. Spot on.

Watched him carefully last night and he seemed unsure on a few plays. Not a worry at all but just interesting how his confidence seems to have left him a little.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sounds like he needs a rest, and nothing wrong with that, he's a first year player. Balta out makes this difficult, but Miller playing well in the VFL gives us an option. I would say a week off, a week in the VFL and back to seniors. Meanwhile we see what Miller can do, the WCE forward line would be a good challenge for Miller, let's have a look and give Gibcus a break while we are at it.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The lad had a bad game but we have been asking to much from him playing against battle hardened big men all season and the effort is starting to tell. Give him a break and he will be back. He needs managing this season and if he bulks up a bit he will be so dangerous next season. He is part of our future

Reactions: 4 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Don't play him again this season.
Sides know all they have to do is getting him one on one.
Get him in the gym.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
rest Gibby boy for Bauer.
Yep.

Gibcus has had a great year but is tiring.

He could be a swingman weapon in time. But has clearly never trained or played forward. Absolutely lost when he gets an AFL defender for an opponent.

Bauer is actually a forward.

While Gibcus is a better prospect, athlete and investment, Bauer is also all of those things and knows how to play forward.

Our side would be better with a good forward, than a potential one.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nothing screams AFL from Bauer yet IMO.
True, but he's only trained with the club for three weeks n played two games of footy, he didn't get a pre season with the club n he's still trying to remember his team mates names. Competes well n stays in the contests, managed some clever assist work as well. Simply needs the games this year n a full pre season to set himself up for a proper crack at seniors.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Gibcus is lucky to have a game this week as he is clearly tired which is no surprising considering he is still young, relatively inexperienced and been up against experienced opponents week in week out. A break form footy for a couple of weeks should revitalise him

Reactions: 6 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Gibcus is lucky to have a game this week as he is clearly tired which is no surprising considering he is still young, relatively inexperienced and been up against experienced opponents week in week out. A break form footy for a couple of weeks should revitalise him

Would have been a perfect opportunity to rest him given that Kennedy is out.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Given the big task on Darling early. Beaten pointless once? Took a one-hander over him another time. Made a couple of skill errors. A few good spoils. Three(?) intercept marks? A growth game, I thought.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Given the big task on Darling early. Beaten pointless once? Took a one-hander over him another time. Made a couple of skill errors. A few good spoils. Three(?) intercept marks? A growth game, I thought.
Agree , I don’t think losing a contest does him any harm , he goes just as hard at the next one , does not drop his head