Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Only saw the second half but better I thought. Held his marks. The long kick to switch play that misses the mark and puts us under pressure has been a bit of a trademark, but he'll fix that.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He and couple of others in the backline had some shocking turnovers.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Agree he needs a spell.

But how stuffed is the AFL Rising Star system.

Gibcus not nominated when he should have been, now might not get nominated at all.

Reactions: 3 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I don’t understand the ‘needs a spell’ talk; he is being fast tracked due to his talent and the immediate impact that he has had on the team.

His lack of experience comes with errors and things he will do better going forward, though has gotten far more right than wrong in his short professional career so far.

And he’ll be outmuscled on occasions like today, due to bigger, stronger and more seasoned opponents.

Every single game he plays on different AFL guns with different strengths is only making him better and more quickly.

Reactions: 10 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Club throwing him in the deep end against big seasoned AFL bodies will undoubtedly show some inexperience
but the long term gain is huge
he's learning a lot

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don’t understand the ‘needs a spell’ talk; he is being fast tracked due to his talent and the immediate impact that he has had on the team.

His lack of experience comes with errors and things he will do better going forward, though has gotten far more right than wrong in his short professional career so far.

And he’ll be outmuscled on occasions like today, due to bigger, stronger and more seasoned opponents.

Every single game he plays on different AFL guns with different strengths is only making him better and more quickly.
Fatigue causes errors. He's made quite a few in the past 3 games.

Reactions: 6 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Perhaps not the next two games but against Freo and Brisbane we can’t have a backman an giving away three goals with skill errors ( hand and foot ).
Hopefully he returns to his early season form.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014

Would normally agree T76, but he looks devoid of confidence.

Spoiling when he should mark, pulling out of contests, Marshall, buddy, darling all got hold of him.

Our defence isn't the fortress it once was.

We know he's going to be a star, what's the rush. Let him dominate in the 2's for a few weeks.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Been up for a long time. Had a great debut season. Running out of puff a bit now maybe.

Despite people lauding it in the first 5 weeks, the weakness in his game - which he admitted in interviews pre draft - is his kicking. And It’s started to show the last few weeks. He can touch it up, will be ok, but he’ll take some time.

No knocks. Kid’s had a great season to date.

Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Been up for a long time. Had a great debut season. Running out of puff a bit now maybe.

Despite people lauding it in the first 5 weeks, the weakness in his game - which he admitted in interviews pre draft - is his kicking. And It’s started to show the last few weeks. He can touch it up, will be ok, but he’ll take some time.

No knocks. Kid’s had a great season to date.

I think his kicking is actually pretty good, more he seems to be second guessing his decision-making overall. He's been punching a lot where he once marked.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I think his kicking is actually pretty good, more he seems to be second guessing his decision-making overall. He's been punching a lot where he once marked.
Trust me Kevin. Having watched a lot of his junior footy, it’s easily the number 1 area for improvement.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Club throwing him in the deep end against big seasoned AFL bodies will undoubtedly show some inexperience
but the long term gain is huge
he's learning a lot
Thats right keep it up

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Needs a weeks rest
He was more involved today than the previous 2 weeks. Had some bad turnovers but his big spoils were back, a goal and some good defensive marks.

Remove the 3 turnovers and he has a good game

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

As Tiger Force says fatigue makes a person make errors. and it has shown the last three weeks. He has a steep learning curve but he has a kids body so needs to put on a bit of size and endurance and that takes time before he can handle the top players more effectively. No one is saying he is not a real part of our present and future but he does look tired

Reactions: 1 users