Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Think he probably needs some time in the twos to be honest. Tarrant/Balta the key backs… Grimes/Broad/Rioli/Baker the medium/smalls and Vlastuin intercepting. I’d try Miller as a fwd or send him back to the ressies too for now. We should try drafting some natural fwds instead of trying to make shift one.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
No shame in spending a bit of time in the VFL. Rance got dropped multiple times. Same with Riewoldt. Gibcus is going to be a fine player in time.

Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Going to be tough to get a RS nom this week
All jokes aside. Honestly I do wonder if that weighed on his mind a little early in the season when he was flying but was being continuously overlooked.
You wouldn't think so but for a player that couldn't put a foot wrong early in the season it's been quite a remarkable loss of form. Not ideal.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Kid will be a beauty. No doubt about that. Big effort for a first year KPP.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
No shame in spending a bit of time in the VFL. Rance got dropped multiple times. Same with Riewoldt. Gibcus is going to be a fine player in time.
Yep. Very happy with the season he has had. Get him ready for next year. No need to push him too hard

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Moronic to play him up forward and in the ruck, but there's been a bit of that from the match committee this year. Happy to see a little more of Miller.

Reactions: 8 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Moronic to play him up forward and in the ruck, but there's been a bit of that from the match committee this year. Happy to see a little more of Miller.
Moronic you say? I thought his time up forward he showed a bit at times and was worth a go.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Josh had a bad day at the office last week but that happens to all. I just think he is tired right now and a couple of weeks rest will do him good and he will be back, hopefully where he will do most good for the team

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I thought he showed next to nothing up forward and early days showed elite qualities down back.
But moronic? Couple of times he was shifted forward when he was struggling down back, so all-up, fair enough. I'd actually say it would be moronic not to have a look at how he goes forward. I'd like to see it tried more if circumstances demand it or allow it.

Ruck was a bit moronic, fwd not in the least.

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
But moronic? Couple of times he was shifted forward when he was struggling down back, so all-up, fair enough. I'd actually say it would be moronic not to have a look at how he goes forward. I'd like to see it tried more if circumstances demand it or allow it.

Ruck was a bit moronic, fwd not in the least.
Agreed.
Other than last week when he looked lost up forward he did well when shifted forward IMO. And I think last week he would have been lost being forward or back.

Like you I Don’t agree with him being thrown in the ruck though. First year kid, doesn’t need ruckman jumping all over him.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm not worried about the kid long-term. Will be an elite back.

I am worried about how the club has managed him over the last 8 weeks.

Reactions: 8 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I'm not worried about the kid long-term. Will be an elite back.

I am worried about how the club has managed him over the last 8 weeks.
The dilemma in starting a first year player from round 1 is how to manage them when they invariably tire.
Should have been rested weeks ago before his form and confidence deteriorated to its current extent. Given Gibcus a taste and sending him back for development would have made more sense.
Will be a test of his character to see how he responds in the VFL, playing with teammates for the first time who have played together for the majority of the year. Now he has to fight for a kick and promotion.
Will be better for it in the long run but should never have come back after he missed through sickness. Made no sense

Reactions: 3 users