Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I find it hard to remember a KPP who in their first year has played all games or close to it. Maybe Ben King at the suns would be one.
Gibbo is barely 19 and we shouldn't underestimate the toll on a kid's body playing against physically bigger and stronger guys every week. It's far more difficult from that perspective for a KPP than a midfielder or flanker.
I have seen enough to know he will be a star defender but equally I am not surprised that he has run out of gas

Reactions: 3 users

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
He is young and tired no doubt, but seems to be worried about contact when going for his marks. Also, not sure if it will improve with greater bulk but looks really timid on the spoil. If he could sneak a few of Nank’s angry pills he will be real player.

Reactions: 1 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Did anyone see that moment on the wing when he was going backwards in marking contest and he actually put his hands over his head to brace for contact ? Lucky we won and it wasn’t talked about by the commentators

Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Did anyone see that moment on the wing when he was going backwards in marking contest and he actually put his hands over his head to brace for contact ? Lucky we won and it wasn’t talked about by the commentators
Yeah it wasn’t a great moment.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I didn't notice the moment mentioned above, but in other circumstances thought he looked classy and composed under pressure in hostile conditions. But it's a long season for a first year tall

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Noticed that. Thought there was a chance he may have been trying to shield his eyes from the light Towers possibly?

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
He stays in, this is valuable learning time. The leadership group will get around him.He is our fast track kid and we will need him to fill positions very soon.
But I think we have broken him this year. He looked timid last night.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep saw that, poor bugger probably thought he was a monty to get buried under the incoming n had the horror life flashing before the eyes moment. Not the first n won't be the last to suffer the inglorius flinch, reckon the young fella just had way to much time to realise he wasn't going to get back n create a contest n was caught out in a complete lose lose position.

Reactions: 1 users