Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Agree. Lever is not a one on one shut down defender like Gibcus has demonstrated to be if required.

The best comparison I see to Gibcus is Darcy Moore, yet none of the so called experts have mentioned it.

Twomey mentions Lever and then everyone just jumps on the bandwagon
Exactly what I said last night. He will be our Darcy Moore.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Reckon the club is going to have a decent crack at turning him into a forward. Coaches will split his time training with the forwards and backs during pre-season. He’ll then find himself playing a quarter here and there in practice matches up forward. Finally, he’ll line up at full forward in his first VFL match for “team balance”, he’ll kick 4 and never spend another minute in defense again.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The NIB logo doesn't look too bad in that video clip. Maybe we should play all our games at night with half the lights out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Same here TT.
Must admit though I was a bit underwhelmed by his interview after being selected.
Did not appear that excited and thought he sounded a bit cocky.
Maybe that is a good thing, but time will tell if he lives up to his own hype.

Gibcus’ first words were literally “it’s unreal, overwhelmed with emotion”.

Were you expecting him to burst into tears or do an an impromptu rendition of ‘Celebration’ by Kool and the Gang?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hate the comparisons with Jake Lever.

Just because I hate Jake Lever.

we should have done our due diligence and hired Towner for an hour to try and shake the *smile* out of him.

• Haha

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
On a side note - noticed that when Gibcus was presented with his guernsey that Balmey looks to have dropped a few kegs.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tom Lynch first one to send him a text… good leadership!
Not as good as Heppell and another Essendon player rocking up at the London Tavern to welcome Hobbs personally.

Lynch and others reside in Richmond so you think something similar could have been organized.

Last edited:

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Not as good as Heppell and another Essendon player rocking up at the London Tavern to welcome Hobbs personally.

Lynch and others reside in Richmond so you think something similar could have been organized.
They had all made other arrangements as they thought we were taking Johnson….

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Heppell and some others? Pfft probably there trying to steal some beers.

We sent Big Balmey down who personally presented him with his jumper.