Welcome Judson Clarke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Judson Clarke

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He was right in front of me, early in the last, he was gassed. A couple of other Richmond supporters noticed it too. Had been on since half time from memory. Not fit enough for AFL at the moment. Give him a couple of pre-seasons to get fitter. Still young, has talent, needs the ability to go for longer.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Webbie26

Tiger Cub
May 17, 2023
Looks like a 2nd year player whose tiring needs 2 more preseasons for the role hes being asked to play that high half forward is a taxing role

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He was right in front of me, early in the last, he was gassed. A couple of other Richmond supporters noticed it too. Had been on since half time from memory. Not fit enough for AFL at the moment. Give him a couple of pre-seasons to get fitter. Still young, has talent, needs the ability to go for longer.

DS

He came on late in the 3rd. Probably just needs a pre-season of working on his body. Run, run, run and run some more. Go running with Samson all summer, and then follow him to the gym and lift some weights.

He has skill, and class, and for his goal on Saturday he did show some good strength to hold off a much bigger opponent, but just needs a bit more weight and a bigger tank.

I think he's going to be a small kid all the time in terms of weight, but get him into the high 70's and get his tank up and he will be a player for us.

Remember when we drafted him, he was super skinny (maybe 65kg). I saw him at open training a few weeks ago and he still looks like a 16 year old. Just needs to build that body up, but the fact he's getting games ahead of some other bigger bodies, shows you the skill he is showing in training.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
He came on late in the 3rd. Probably just needs a pre-season of working on his body. Run, run, run and run some more. Go running with Samson all summer, and then follow him to the gym and lift some weights.

He has skill, and class, and for his goal on Saturday he did show some good strength to hold off a much bigger opponent, but just needs a bit more weight and a bigger tank.

I think he's going to be a small kid all the time in terms of weight, but get him into the high 70's and get his tank up and he will be a player for us.

Remember when we drafted him, he was super skinny (maybe 65kg). I saw him at open training a few weeks ago and he still looks like a 16 year old. Just needs to build that body up, but the fact he's getting games ahead of some other bigger bodies, shows you the skill he is showing in training.
He is a tough little bigger. I recall him holding off Ratatouille to kick a goal against the cats.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
End the sub farce and start him on the ground. Give him a block of games to work in.
Not if he’s running out of steam after coming on as sub in the third qtr
Not sure what’s up he couldn’t run in the last So I’d hate to see him play full game in AFL

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We let bulter go (it's not like Bulter was 38).
Bulter is a 10 times better player then Clarke will ever be.
Bulter is a tackler, ,pressure player, a dead eye, a great snap and will kick his 1-2 goals a game.
We were in a hurry to let him go.
I bet they wished that they had his running ability in the last qtr on Saturday night.
99% were running on the spot.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Played seniors last round against Geelong Friday then backed up for VFL Saturday arvo
IMO that was madness. If you have played sport (at any level) there is no way you can get the best out of yourself when presented with that option.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Not skill wise but size wise he reminds me so much of Titch when he first started at the Tigers. Took him years to hit his straps and not having PRE wanting to lynch him. I expect Juddy to follow a similar path, he can do the odd thing that leaves you in awe but its going to take a few years for him to put it all together.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hope we just keep playing him in the forward line , I know that’s not the long term plan , however imho it’s time to ad skill not just endeavour

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Not skill wise but size wise he reminds me so much of Titch when he first started at the Tigers. Took him years to hit his straps and not having PRE wanting to lynch him. I expect Juddy to follow a similar path, he can do the odd thing that leaves you in awe but its going to take a few years for him to put it all together.
When sizing up the fringe players Judson has close to the biggest upside, maybe not in the Edwards class but his disposal by foot is far superior to most of the others. I think in another couple of seasons he will look like he belongs, just needs to physically impose himself on games and that will come in due course.

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
IMO that was madness. If you have played sport (at any level) there is no way you can get the best out of yourself when presented with that option.
Maybe. Not saying its good or bad, just responding to Frenchies comment.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
When sizing up the fringe players Judson has close to the biggest upside, maybe not in the Edwards class but his disposal by foot is far superior to most of the others. I think in another couple of seasons he will look like he belongs, just needs to physically impose himself on games and that will come in due course.
Agree, looks to go on the 45 at every chance, wants to take the game on. And more importantly, has the skill set to do it.

Keep playing the boy, give him more game time. And tell him to take the game on. Be fearless.

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Starting to bring to AFL level what he was regularly doing in the VFL.

Trajectory for a skinny kid is extremely encouraging.

Reactions: 2 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
His best game by a long way today. Stayed more involved in the game over the 4 quarters. Encouraging signs but needs to become more normal.