Welcome Judson Clarke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Judson Clarke

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Be nice to have a small forward who's natural football instincts are the goals & attack as opposed to playing a role.
The best ive seen Bartlett Brown Naish
From other clubs Milne Betts Greene Lecre Farmer McCrea
If he becomes any of the above we will be singing

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Spoke to mate from Eastern this morning. Reckons Clarke was tearing them a new one to the point that they were basically tagging him (though they're not meant to, and the oppo issued a 'please explain' afterwards). He was constantly being sent out with messages to get them to tighten up on him but they couldn't stop him. Says he played far more mid than forward that day, and seemed to run them off their legs. Anyway, Eastern won by 2 points but played them again a couple of weeks later when JC was absent. Won easily.
He also said Gibcus is a jet and Sonsie's a steal.
Your mate you were talking to wasn't Clarke or Blair??

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Is he the best ever Rookie?
Grimes would go close.
Who's the best ever Rookies??
There are some great rookies from other clubs, Dean Cox is one always mentioned.

For us Lambo has to be the best , Grimes was PSD not a rookie. Our 2019 premiership side included 6 players who started as rookies (Short, Castagna, Baker, Soldo, Pickett and Lambert). Melbourne's 2021 flag side had zero.

Surprised you haven't mentioned Castagna as the best rookie in the history of the AFL?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
There are some great rookies from other clubs, Dean Cox is one always mentioned.

For us Lambo has to be the best , Grimes was PSD not a rookie. Our 2019 premiership side included 6 players who started as rookies (Short, Castagna, Baker, Soldo, Pickett and Lambert). Melbourne's 2021 flag side had zero.

Surprised you haven't mentioned Castagna as the best rookie in the history of the AFL?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Not enough love here for Nathan Foley as a top Rookie selection

Career cut too short

Reactions: 14 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not enough love here for Nathan Foley as a top Rookie selection

Career cut too short
And if we had a better side, if he had better players around him, he would ve been sensational.
The little fella had to carry a big load

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Do you reckon he was better than Brown?

I mean, I think he was better for Richmond than Brown was, but that was an unfortunate situation with the broken leg.

Wiley's goal sense was insane.
Brown's best was maybe better, for me he was the best player in the league for the first 10 weeks of 2005. Wiley was extremely consistent. Both freaks around the sticks, both probably in the best Tiger 22 that I've seen.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Do you reckon he was better than Brown?

I mean, I think he was better for Richmond than Brown was, but that was an unfortunate situation with the broken leg.

Wiley's goal sense was insane.
Yes, Wiley was a champion in anyones language, kicked 75 from 18 games as a 21 year old when the WAFL was very strong. He was that good on both sides you could easily have mistaken him as a left footer.

Flea Weightman was no slouch either, he and Rob were as good a goal kickers on the run that I've ever seen.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dimma at the AGM when discussing Clarke, had a bit of a smile on his face and a cautious laugh when he said it , (because he knew he shouldn't but did anyway), said he reminds him of Nathan Brown o_O .

• Wow