Welcome Judson Clarke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Judson Clarke

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s nothing sweeter than a classy looking left footer.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
In
Aarts and Castagna upgrades for sure.

We got some speed, we've got better skills.

Wondering if he's good marking overhead - not necessarily pack marking, just up high.
It's one of Castagna's strengths I feel.

Really like my small forwards to have a bit of cockiness and swagger. He's got it, just needs to earn it at AFL.
Interesting that Mat Clarke I think it was who called him a Lambert replacement.

We seem to pick kids who will replace xxx. Makes sense to keep the team structure and system.

So he,ll be a high hff with a lot of onball time

Reactions: 1 user
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Spoke to mate from Eastern this morning. Reckons Clarke was tearing them a new one to the point that they were basically tagging him (though they're not meant to, and the oppo issued a 'please explain' afterwards). He was constantly being sent out with messages to get them to tighten up on him but they couldn't stop him. Says he played far more mid than forward that day, and seemed to run them off their legs. Anyway, Eastern won by 2 points but played them again a couple of weeks later when JC was absent. Won easily.
He also said Gibcus is a jet and Sonsie's a steal.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'd floated him as someone I wanted a while back, we'd gone from the benchmark of small forward class to the bottom of the pile in three years.

It's a must we upgrade the quality of finishers we have forward of centre. Clarke and Sonsie both do that. Great pick. Doesn't need much size to have an impact in 2022, can provide pressure and class right away.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'd floated him as someone I wanted a while back, we'd gone from the benchmark of small forward class to the bottom of the pile in three years.

It's a must we upgrade the quality of finishers we have forward of centre. Clarke and Sonsie both do that. Great pick. Doesn't need much size to have an impact in 2022, can provide pressure and class right away.
Plus a genuine pre-season for MRJ.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not to say he’ll be the best of the new Cubs or even play a game, however reckon he’d be the Smokey to debut in round 1

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Love his reaction when he heard his name called out on the RFC video of the player and family reactions.

Reactions: 3 users