Welcome Kaelan Bradtke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Kaelan Bradtke

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
By all reports KB has done well in recent match sims, he certainly fills a list need.

Good luck KB, i'll be happy if you kick half the goals KB did in his career with the Tiges.

Reactions: 14 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Love a good country smokie. At long odds to make it but given a professional environment the skies the limit. Forward line of Bauer , Bradke, Soldo/Sampson in the VFL would be interesting to say the least.

Wonder if they will give him some rucking chances ala Miller in the VFL on the odd occasion?

Reactions: 8 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Happy with this decision between the two rookies. I don't know much about Bradtke tbh but Narkle is a known quantity who is unlikely to have much improvement left in him. We've got plenty of options in the midfield now and another developing key forward seems like the logical choice.

Reactions: 13 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I think someone said we needed another KB on the list. Great call I reckon! Hope you kick as many goals as THE KB, Kaelan!! Eat 'em alive!
Agree, St. Arnaud.
I will be happy if he kicks half the goals the great KB kicked!
Welcome KB Mark II.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Congratulations to the young man.

Wewlcome to Tigerland Kaelan. (y)

Obviously has shown plenty to get the nod ahead of a senior AFL listed player with what half a dozen years experience.

Provides a need to the list and will form what could prove to be a pretty flexible and problematic tall forward liner in the VFL with Bauer and Ryan.

Look forward to watching both KB and Bauer at the VFL level this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Needs based and without knowing anything about his ability seems like the correct decision.
Couldn’t see how Narkle could get a game so better to have a good look at a big guy in our program.

Reactions: 5 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Kevin Sheehan's opinion pre -draft

Kaelan Bradtke
State: Victoria Country
State League Club: Sydney Swans VFL
Community Club: Corowa Rutherglen
Date of Birth: 21/05/01; Height: 195cm; Weight: 97kg

Really caught the eye with some outstanding performances for Corowa Rutherglen in the Ovens & Murray league earlier in the year, earning an invitation to play with the Sydney Swans in the VFL. Highly regarded by his coach at Corowa Rutherglen, former North Melbourne star and experienced development coach Peter German.

His 2.98 seconds in the 20m sprint at the Melbourne-based 2022 NAB AFL State Draft Combine confirmed his speed off the mark.

Other snippets - Able to play tall at either end of the ground, he booted 39 goals from 17 games this season - including a streak of 10 games with at least one, and a high of five goals.

Peter German, ex North Melbourne player rates him as one of the best athletes he's worked with.

"Possessing great speed and agility, Bradtke was held in high regard at Rooland under with former Roos’ coach and185-gamer with North Melbourne Peter German describing him, “in the top five athletes I’ve coached in 30 years. He’s a unique specimen of an athlete, a quality tall.”

1676364540974.png

Re his 20 metre sprint which was at the Melbourne combine
2.98 would place him just outside the top 10, not bad for 195cm!!
10th spot was 2.951, he ran 2.98.
He was faster than anyone from S.A. -Philippou (2.993), Keeler (3.019), Michalanney 3.028.

20m Sprint Result (seconds)
1 2.814 Edward Allan
2 2.880 Toby McMullin
3 2.883 Coby Burgiel
4 2.910 James Van Es
5 2.912 Darcy Jones
6 2.924 Olli Hotton
7 2.928 Reuben Ginbey
8 2.928 Cooper Vickery
9 2.937 Josh Weddle
10 2.951 Lloyd Johnston

2.98 don't put him far off 2.951