Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Bit fumbly and was slipping over today like last week. Hope he settles down next week.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yeah agree. There was one passage where he had three different cracks at it and couldn't pick it up. Normally he's one touch. Back him to bounce back.
Pun?
Either way I reckon his best chance to bounce back is to play back.
As others have said - he’s looked more fumbly in the last couple of games than he’s looked for a long time.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Bit fumbly and was slipping over today like last week. Hope he settles down next week.

Was not alone. Nankervis is usually a one touch player, especially in marking, but was another who had trouble with getting hold of the ball all night

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We've been stretching Baker. (Not literally. Yet.) And he's been just getting by - but fractional improvement.

Let's keep him under the pump. He's probably too valuable to ruck. And maybe he's had enough positional changes.

He's popular. Let's get Liam Baker to man the merchandise stalls during the game. When he hasn't got the ball. Or isn't defending. If he can manage that we move him to hotdog sales.

I don't give a *smile* if he drops the odd hotdog. We've got to keep challenging him. So he grows.

If he sells enough hotdogs he can ruck in a fortnight.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With Nank out I think it's time to try Bakes in the ruck

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Don't want to shoot Bambi, but reckon he's been quite ordinary the past few weeks. Hasn't been the same since his massive game in the midfield against GWS. Seems to be slipping over alot, fumbling and scrub kicking. Hope he straightens up soon.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Don't want to shoot Bambi, but reckon he's been quite ordinary the past few weeks. Hasn't been the same since his massive game in the midfield against GWS. Seems to be slipping over alot, fumbling and scrub kicking. Hope he straightens up soon.
Agree Harry...everything he was known for (balance, sure hands and neat disposal) has evaded him in a big way. He's either playing sore, out of form or the Cerra deal has already been done :D

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Same. Seems off and at times I think he’s trying TOO much. And looked tired.

The week off was perfect timing for him.

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
At least he tried unlike most of the team
I love him. Close to my favourite player. I will cry if he is part of a trade for Cerra. He will always give it his all. Started the season really well. But his last month has been below standard. Starting to fumble when he never use to. And his disposal which has been brilliant over the last 2 years has been hit and miss. Not sure what is wrong with him at the moment.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has peaked.
We need to off load him ASAP
Shocking decision maker and kicking is a huge issue.
Almost killed Riewoldt with a simple 15 pass.
Cerra for Baker and Geelong's first

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
He’s been out of sorts since the Brisbane game when he was knocked around by the tall people. Would have shaken his confidence. Good little player and I’d be upset if we moved him on.