Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This guys story is another beauty. Started as a small forward but in a very short space of time is now a Premiership Defender. He's proved me very wrong, I thought he was just keeping a spot warm for others, but he earned his spot.

Though I wonder if he still holds it when Rance comes back.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is a real heart and soul player, I love the passion and guts he plays with.
I loved the joy and excitement he showed when receiving his medal.

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
said it before and I'll say it again, take him to the bank. I don't think anyone in the side goes harder at the contest. And pound for pound amongst the best marks in the side.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
said it before and I'll say it again, take him to the bank. I don't think anyone in the side goes harder at the contest. And pound for pound amongst the best marks in the side.

Bit of a smiling assassin.

Just smiles all the time.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
This guys story is another beauty. Started as a small forward but in a very short space of time is now a Premiership Defender. He's proved me very wrong, I thought he was just keeping a spot warm for others, but he earned his spot.

Hater. Of course he holds his spot.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Hightlights on the RFC website now. Showcases what a tough little *smile* he is, and his kicking skills.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Shake n Bake plays hard no fuss footy, then struts around like he owns the place. Always fun to watch.

Reactions: 6 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Hightlights on the RFC website now. Showcases what a tough little ****** he is, and his kicking skills.

And happily, one of the highlights shown (the second last one) is my favourite 'wtf?' moment from the gf telecast - just after he handballs into space, someone (commentary box?) lets an audible, strained groan rip ....."UURRGGHH!"
Great stuff from whomever pieced that into the package!

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Still a little bit in awe of his kick to Lynch in the first Port Adelaide game, where Lynch kicked the sealer.
The most perfectly weighted and directed kick.

Reactions: 3 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Still a little bit in awe of his kick to Lynch in the first Port Adelaide game, where Lynch kicked the sealer.
The most perfectly weighted and directed kick.

His left footer to Dusty to the punt road end goal was even better.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I don't think I have seem the lad not smiling when playing footy. He just seems to be always having fun whether he is running or just been buried, he will always be smiling

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He's one of my favourites. For some reason I felt genuine excitement to see him re-sign with the club this year. I was worried he'd go back West, but glad he didn't.
I was also worried he'd get dropped from the team because they'd played him "out of position".

Proved he's super adaptable though. Love him as a Tiger.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

If he is the one looked at, the advantage he has to hold his spot in the team overall is his flexibility.

He can go forward, and go into the middle. When we are on the burst, he was often one of the catalysts running with the wave.

The one thing that has stood out with Baker from the very first moment he donned our gurnsey is that he is first and foremost a very natural footballer. He just knows the game, goes to the right spots etc.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

you've missed his biggest attribute... his clean hands under pressure. thats why the club saw his potential as a defender.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
In Stack, Rance, Graham
Out? Ellis, ? , ? ,

Two have to go, is Baker one of the 2?

I'd be throwing Ross in the equation as well. Higgins will undoubtedly build via the reserves but is top 22 when in form too. The competition for spots is enormous.