Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
I'd be throwing Ross in the equation as well. Higgins will undoubtedly build via the reserves but is top 22 when in form too. The competition for spots is enormous.
Given the depth and think Baker is in for a while the best 2019 draftee hs only 2021 to look forward to given the queue

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
you've missed his biggest attribute... his clean hands under pressure. thats why the club saw his potential as a defender.
Yep. Kids mighty composed out there, doesn't look rushed or flustered no matter what's coming at him.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Guess we're gunna need some injury rotations next year so everyone gets a turn at playing during the season. Then things will tighten up leading in to who gets a finals game.

Such a stressful pain in the arse having a strong list n trying to fit heaps of players into a match day 22.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Guess we're gunna need some injury rotations next year so everyone gets a turn at playing during the season. Then things will tighten up leading in to who gets a finals game.

Such a stressful pain in the arse having a strong list n trying to fit heaps of players into a match day 22.

Aah makes you dream of the good old days when we could have fit half our current VFL side into the firsts. :p

DS

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I met a lady today whose family own a farm out at Pingaring where Liam Baker is from. She told me a rather humourous story about him which I thought I would share.

Young Bakes was recently back at the family farm in Pingaring helping out with the wheat harvest. On this particular day, he was driving a header which for those who don't know, is a large machine used for harvesting grain. Anyway, the header he is driving is a New Holland machine, so it is typically painted in the New Holland bright yellow.

Bakes is harvesting away when he notices that the header has caught fire. This, while not common, does unfortunately happen from time to time with all the wheat husk and dust sticking to the hot harvesting head. Despite driving the header straight out of a paddock and through a fence, Bakes is unable to get to water in time and the machine is pretty badly burnt (I believe actually destroyed).

So the word in Pingaring is that Bakes is such a Richmond man that his family owns the only yellow and black header in Pingaring.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I rewatched our 2019 finals series and was impressed with Baker throughout.

Doesn't die wondering this kid, hard at the ball like Stevie Morris but doesn't lose his feet as much.

Disposal generally very good, set up alot of our play, taking some responsibility from Houli and Short.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Was our best today. Balanced, one touch player with great skills on both sides. Just a pure footballer and reckon he'll get some midfield time this year.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Was our best today. Balanced, one touch player with great skills on both sides. Just a pure footballer and reckon he'll get some midfield time this year.
Just beat me too it. Baker was brilliant today. Played that role down back beautifully.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Was expecting him to have a down year.
Looks like he gone up a notch

Reactions: 1 user