Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
What traits does he have that could’ve predicted such a successful transition into AFL?

I can’t put my finger on it. Maybe a kind of composed urgency?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baker has big balls

Most of the Bakers I know have big rolls

TODAY.jpg

What traits does he have that could’ve predicted such a successful transition into AFL?

I can’t put my finger on it. Maybe a kind of composed urgency?

great balance and clean hands. the best Sokkah players in the world (ie. Messi) are generally short and have a low centre of gravity. I'm obviously not comparing Liam Baker to a Lionel Messi, but he does fit that type of mould.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Keeps making me look silly predicting he's the next one to be pushed out of the squad. Just keeps getting better and better.

While we are fessing up, i'm guilty as charged too. Thought he looked vulnerable early in a few finals last year. Running looks to have gone to another level in off season to go with his footy smarts, won't give up his spot easily.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Too many talented short kids are overlooked at draft time. There have been a lot of gun short players over the journey. Baker will be around for awhile I reckon - he can really play footy.

Reactions: 1 user

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Big balls is right. Humongous sweaty balls that need their own ice vest at half time.

Immense nutsack that has security guards suspicious. Always being stopped just for being a man with serious cajones.

Ridiculously prominent old boys that constantly get in the way when he tries to make sweet badass love to his woman. Never gets it in. Keeps him hungry and feral.

Bulging crown jewels that trick people into thinking he’s turned his back. He’s not being rude. He just has big, sweaty, salty balls, brother.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Big balls is right. Humongous sweaty balls that need their own ice vest at half time.

Immense nutsack that has security guards suspicious.

Ridiculously prominent old boys that constantly get in the way when he tries to make sweet badass love to his woman. Keeps him hungry and feral.

Bulging crown jewels that trick people into thinking he’s turned his back. Only bloke on the list with a front bum.

:mhihi :mhihi

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Thought Liam has stepped up a notch since last season if his game against the Pies was anything to go by. Ran all day, constructive use of the ball, hard as nails etc. Looking good for round one which is more than could be said for an number of the junior group

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Immense nutsack that has security guards suspicious. Always being stopped just for being a man with serious cajones.

Ridiculously prominent old boys that constantly get in the way when he tries to make sweet badass love to his woman. Never gets it in. Keeps him hungry and feral.

Bulging crown jewels that trick people into thinking he’s turned his back. He’s not being rude. He just has big, sweaty, salty balls, brother.

He might have elephantiasis.
Liam Merricks or John Baker?

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Was he on Jack Martin?

Probably did spend a bit of time on him but reckon Broad was on him when he went berserk in the 3rd quarter.

Bakes played a pretty good game. I really like him as a player but I think one area he could improve is to play a bit tighter in the backline when required. He has a naturally attacking mindset which is great but you need to be able to play tight when required.