Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
enjoyed some of his games, he had a crack. thanks and good luck Matt.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Never the most gifted of players but wore our guernsey with pride and was a good clubman. Hope his post RFC future is good wherever it takes him

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had a soft spot for Parker. Was a bit scrappy but went hard at it. I Is a wingman and it was always going to be hard to oust KMac and Pickett.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Poor selection in mid 2021 when our footy brains trust were still in denial about Stand Rule impact on the game overall, and in particularly Richmond.
Despite plenty of evidence from R3 Swan game onwards that a premium was back on foot skills, we went again on a top up player with poor foot skills but good pressure.
Unfortunately was never going to work for us, which of course is Richmond's bad, and no reflection on Matt Parker.

You could see it as a poor selection. But look who went after him. He was one of the better picks in that mid season draft (behind Newcombe etc who went before him).

Problem with that draft was lack of VFL being played and no U19 games. It was a fair dinkum dart board. Our bloke tried his guts out and had a few good games and for that we should thank him

Reactions: 5 users