Welcome Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Matthew Parker

Tass

Tiger Rookie
Mar 3, 2005
Nugent another player that dissapeaerd from the scene just like Wall and Wayne Shand post 80-82.
Now there’s some memories. Another was semi cult figure Graeme Robertson who sported the crew cut.

Reactions: 1 user

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I was thinking of Richard Murrie, but he wore 33. Jayden Post wore 37 I think.
Also there was a CHB that always looked liked he'd been in a solarium, eventually ended up at Hawthorn. Anyone remember his name?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
That's the one TT!
Steve Pirrie. He wore 27, my bad. And traded to the Saints not Hawks.
No worries. Your Hawthorn reference may come from the fact he was a Hawthorn reserves player before he came to us.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That's the one TT!
Steve Pirrie. He wore 27, my bad. And traded to the Saints not Hawks.
Pirrie was a gun junior Full Back that had taken over the key back post in 1982 only to go down with a bad ACL at Arden Street against the Kangas on the eve of the Finals.

Our defence ended up being too slow against the Blues with Dunne and Martello and they cut us up and the Tigers lost a 10 year key Defender.

Ruined him that knee was never the same, he gave the game away returned and went to the Saints then the Dons also had a crack he couldnt get back his knee was shot and his loss hurt the Tigers going forward where we lost a fair few promising youngsters.

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
Also there was a CHB that always looked liked he'd been in a solarium, eventually ended up at Hawthorn. Anyone remember his name?
The 80's, solarium, & Hawthorn bit sounds an awful lot like our highly revered past coach in Wallet

• Haha