Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Good debut. Very lively player. Lots of energy. He’ll play AFL footy for us.

Reactions: 1 users

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
Just needs to finish off in front of goal, that miss to put us 2 goals up cost us the win.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't play him and Pickett in the same side.
Both are all over the shop.
This bloke reminds of the players we would chase in the mid 90's.
Mitch Robinson part 2

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Pretty much confirmed the opinion I formed about him at St Kilda. Got some x factor but basically undisciplined and mostly ineffective. The sort that could light it up in a final but 4 weeks out of 5 he will be a liability.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
not sold on his VFL performance today .. did some ok things, did some bad things ..

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Pretty much confirmed the opinion I formed about him at St Kilda. Got some x factor but basically undisciplined and mostly ineffective. The sort that could light it up in a final but 4 weeks out of 5 he will be a liability.

I'd say we are hoping to add the discipline and make him more effective because of it. Bit like KMac, Broad and Pickett, he will probably be required to play a role that will not attract the highlights. the big question will be if he can be a role player.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I didn't get to see the game today, but did Parker stay on his feet or was he often on the ground?

One of my biggest concerns about him is how quickly/easily he goes to ground.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Watched the VFL game today and I'm on the fence. Has potential but need to see more.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There's a bit of Marlion about Parker: some elite athletic and football traits mixed in with some sloppy disposal and undisciplined actions.

Either:
  1. The game day thread is going to be riveting if these two play seniors togather
  2. In Marlion, out Parker. In Parker, out Marlion...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There's a bit of Marlion about Parker: some elite athletic and football traits mixed in with some sloppy disposal and undisciplined actions.

Either:
  1. The game day thread is going to be riveting if these two play seniors togather
Reckon ya mighta nailed it TBH. Doubt it's ever going to be boring with Pickett n Parker rummaging about in a game.

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Either:
Reckon ya mighta nailed it TBH. Doubt it's ever going to be boring with Pickett n Parker rummaging about in a game.
Good. Who likes ordinary, vanilla players. That type play for carlton

Reactions: 4 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004

Either:
Shades of In: Tivendale, Out: Hyde lol

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Good, bit of everything. Not sure he is any better than RCD, Dow, Hugo, Ross, or Cumberland who i liked the look of today.