Welcome Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Matthew Parker

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
Kinda surprised he got offered a deal but if we're paying him minimum chips he's OK backup in a year where we should be taking a bunch of kids.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I have posted this before, but on what I have seen of him, my biggest knock on Parker at WAFL level is that he goes to ground way too easily.

I think he can be a player for us, but a forever role player like Broad or McIntosh rather than a blossoming role player like Baker with the potential to morph in to something else.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Jury's out but a one-year deal is right for where he's at. Kane Lambert made a big jump around the same age. Broad a bit younger but similar improvement.

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
He doesn't need another preseason his tank is fine (covered 16kms in one match)

Its the rest of his game (bar his tackles) that is sub par.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will be on the outside with the likes of Caddy, Aarts, Ross, etc.

Others will likely be preferred when fit.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
The competition is what we need. I reckon Caddy will be battling harder though.