Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
What is wrong with people. Seriously there are some incredibly ignorant sad cases out there - I don't know whether to be angry or just feel sorry that they are so messed up that racism is an outlet.

Reactions: 5 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
So long as he doesn't take on kicks that require sublime skills he's fine. He's done that a bit in the 2's and come undone, but he seemed to work well within his limitations against the Lions. I didn't mind his game, and nbear in mind it was his first game at this level for a while. Hopefully can only ghet better.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What is wrong with people. Seriously there are some incredibly ignorant sad cases out there - I don't know whether to be angry or just feel sorry that they are so messed up that racism is an outlet.
Sorry, I was just posting how many tackles he had.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
The crap that indigenous players have to put up with is unbelievable. The *smile* who posts it as "harmless" banter have no *smile* clue what it does to the psyche of the player and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It cuts very, very deep. No excuse for that type of attitude in the modern society.

Reactions: 20 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I’m glad they have actually “ named” the poster
If it's a new strategy, I think I like it.

Old mate disappeared quickly from Insta then was seemingly hunted off Facebook.

Bit of mob mentality at play, which has its own issues, but why give these freaks the comfort of anonymity?

Such a shame an idiot can take the gloss off a great first up game from Matt.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The crap that indigenous players have to put up with is unbelievable. The *smile* who posts it as "harmless" banter have no *smile* clue what it does to the psyche of the player and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It cuts very, very deep. No excuse for that type of attitude in the modern society.
Good words Birdman.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005

Bit of mob mentality at play, which has its own issues, but why give these freaks the comfort of anonymity?

I don’t get why there’s different laws online to any other public setting. We spend so much of our lives online there should be protections in place.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

I dislike the official policing of social media. But I do like the blow back people get for posting stupid/racist etc crap. Let society take care of it. And it was such a ridiculous post, WTF was he thinking?
well done Matt for calling that stuff out.
Finally it was a great Tiger debut from Matt. Loved his aggression at every contest (don’t think he lost a 1on1) and his work rate was huge. Keep that up and you will have plenty of fans.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i wouldn't mind seeing hefty fines laid out for this stuff, throw the book at them ..

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They should treat these pissants like the children they are and drag them by the ear to face the person they affronted.

"Wilba, this is Matt Parker. Matt, this is the fella who reckons you're an ape. We'll leave you to it."

Reactions: 7 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
They should treat these pissants like the children they are and drag them by the ear to face the person they affronted.

"Wilba, this is Matt Parker. Matt, this is the fella who reckons you're an ape. We'll leave you to it."
It wasn’t an ape, it was either Homo Erectus or Homo Neanderthalenis, the forebearers to us, Homo Sapiens. As I wrote earlier it was a stupid post that made little sense. I doubt the guy who posted it really knew either.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It wasn’t an ape, it was either Homo Erectus or Homo Neanderthalenis, the forebearers to us, Homo Sapiens. As I wrote earlier it was a stupid post that made little sense. I doubt the guy who posted it really knew either.
Yeah I realised that but couldn't be arsed editing.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Had an equal team high 7 tackles (along with Graham) vs Brisbane. Has taken what he was doing in the VFL through to the AFL on that front.
No coincidence there seemed more pressure applied last week by us.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Just lacks a bit of class

Agree he lacks a bit of class - as does George and Aarts
But I don’t think we can play all three at the same time
The bigger questions are how many of the three can we play at the one time - and who that might be?

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Agree he lacks a bit of class - as does George and Aarts
But I don’t think we can play all three at the same time
The bigger questions are how many of the three can we play at the one time - and who that might be?
Parker has Aarts and George covered. He can play most parts of the ground. George and Aarts cant play anywhere atm. In saying that if we want to be a real contender again none of them should be in our starting 22. Parker as depth is ideal

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Liked his game, brings great enthusiasm, should be a much better player with more AFL midfield time which should allow him to gain a little more composure as he adapts to the pace