Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree not convinced - I reckon we will do better with Ross, Junior, Stack, RCD, Martyn, Hugo etc and try and nail a couple more youngsters to work with.

Reactions: 1 user

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
No disrespect to the lad but extremely disappointing if true. Limited footballer. Aim for quality RFC.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Like him or loathe him, he did enough under a limited prep to deserve another year with a full run at it. Do or die in 22

Reactions: 7 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
People bemoan that we don’t have depth, and want to delist him. He is our depth plug and play from the wing to a forward option. I’m happy to give him another year based on what I have seen on his limited preparation and time learning the game plan.

Reactions: 14 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Geez, the guy came into the club half way through the year, he did good to even play a game learning our system.
That alone would be worth a contract and also would be on min chips, we need players like him on the list to allow us to keep players like dusty and shai.

If he is our depth we are in a good position.

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
No disrespect to him , but his a hard nut lacks skills and kicking we have to much of them already have to aim better and there is in the state leagues or draft a kid.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
People bemoan that we don’t have depth, and want to delist him. He is our depth plug and play from the wing to a forward option. I’m happy to give him another year based on what I have seen on his limited preparation and time learning the game plan.
Agreed I reckon hit site in the 18-26 range of players. We will be picking up another 5-6 youngsters who may not be physically capable of playing next year. Again 1 year at minimum. He might surprise

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
You’re relying on Mitch Unclearly ?
Not sure who said it , I thought you’d be thrilled
Geez, the guy came into the club half way through the year, he did good to even play a game learning our system.
That alone would be worth a contract and also would be on min chips, we need players like him on the list to allow us to keep players like dusty and shai.

If he is our depth we are in a good position.
played every game like it was his last , I’d like to think with a contract he may relax a little and play with a bit more composure, meaning a better all round player

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Lose Caddy and lose Pickett we will then need some experience in our depth so I am Ok with a 12 month contract for Parker on that basis

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Agree with giving him another year for all the valid reasons given above, essentially a depth player who is hard at it and has decent pace, room for improvement too.

However, still think the Bummers probably pinched our preferred pick - Durham - so I have been tracking his/their progress:

Arguably Parker ahead so far but then you scroll down and see DEF%, intercepts, TOs and CPs. With Durham 5 years younger, I'm pretty clear on who I would have taken if I could.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Fast, works like a cattle dog, tackles, kicks the odd goal, right age. I'm ok with a year on minimum chips.

Reactions: 9 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Apparently he's plan b contingency if certain players can't get pen to paper. Makes sense as there's only so many available spots on the list and despite a poor year, it's anyone's guess as to who will be delisted

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Reactions: 1 users