Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I expect he,ll get dropped. Again. I feel like we,re watching the disintegration of a career.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I expect he,ll get dropped. Again. I feel like we,re watching the disintegration of a career.
And he currently sits at ELITE for goals and inside 50 tackles.

And that is with 3 games as the Sub - one where he didn’t come on at all, one for a quarter and one for a half.
So his averages are actually better I would think

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Cumbo reminds me a bit of John Northey, he doesn't need many opportunities & he'd kick a bag full. Hope he gets a run of games to show what he can do.

Reactions: 1 user

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I'm a Cumberland fan, but i'm not sure the media is readingthis situatuon correctly.

There is no doubt that Cumberland is one of the best in the competition for maling things happen when the ball is in his vicinity, and in so far as tackling is concerned, he seems to lay as many forward 50 tackles as most going around.

What i'm not sure he's doing to expectation, is getting up the ground and filling space when he has to, or at least not doing it as much as we need him to do.

One thing that is apparent in the last few years, and this is not to blame Cumberland exclusively for this problem, but we don't out number at the contest like we used to.

A lot of posters were looking for us to recruit a tall in the mid season draft, but maybe that isn't our most dire list issue. Maybe with the loss of so many gut runners over the last 3 or 4 years, thats the area we need to cover. The two players we selected in the mid eason draft are apparently elite runners. So is Seth Campbell, who i perosnally think looks like a real find, but unfortunaely he hasn't been able to get on the park.

Don't get me wrong, i do want to see Cumbeland in the starting 22 against Freo, but i'm thinking that the ability to work up the ground is probalby the one thing holding him back, because i can't see a lot of other weknesses in his game.

I don;'t see Collingwood stacked with great tall forwards, but they are running in waves and out numbering at the contest. We won 3 flags doing exactly that, so i don't mind us making elite runners a priority, and if thats what;s holding Cumberland back, i hope he can address it sooner rather than later, because there is no doubt he is an elite talent in every other respect.

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What's is he worth?
GC and Brisbane will come.
Our 1st pick (#25) & Cumberland for a top 10 pick??
Gc would do it??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
One guy went to him, from 40
Metres away. Jack.
Very very disappointing
As I have said before Cumberland is a stager and drama queen and the players know it, low and behold he has not been carted away in an ambulance but playing the 2nd half unencumbered pardon the pun ;)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As I have said before Cumberland is a stager and drama queen and the players know it, low and behold he has not been carted away in an ambulance but playing the 2nd half unencumbered pardon the pun ;)
Could end up copping the same respect as Higgo if he doesn't be careful. We can see what Dimma meant now.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Cumberland is not a small forward. Useless when ball hit the ground. So when he can’t take a simple chest mark what purpose does he serve?

I never thought I would have said this but we miss Mansell.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
It really is quite bizarre.

Reactions: 1 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
jesus some of you are full of *smile*..poor bastard has at least shown some emotion and effort,,what the *smile* do ya make of our entire midfeild insipid, i dont wanna chase or make any kinda effort tonight,,graham, bolton, ross,taranto,hopper,nank, jack,cotch..all utterly inspid,,but hey lets all blame pickett anf cumberland....embarrasing

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
jesus some of you are full of *smile*..poor bastard has at least shown some emotion and effort,,what the *smile* do ya make of our entire midfeild insipid, i dont wanna chase or make any kinda effort tonight,,graham, bolton, ross,taranto,hopper,nank, jack,cotch..all utterly inspid,,but hey lets all blame pickett anf cumberland....embarrasing
You certainly are grumpy.