Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Certainly find out about a few people when the chips are down. So easy to lay the boots in

Reactions: 4 users
Yep - if that’s the way Noah wants to behave, he can go irrespective of how talented he is. Extremely disappointing.

As in life, football isn’t fair - up to the individual to be strong enough to make their own way. We resolute and strong minded players who put the team first, not flakey individuals.
Giving him tougness advice. This is gold.
Could see tha ankle roll. I certainly hope you have experienced it before to know the feeling.
Has also had a knee reco when very young in his development years, not easy to catch up.
Others on here saying he was our best forward.
This place is bizarre

Reactions: 2 users
As a forward virtually impossible tonight. Also saw the ankle roll, would have bloody hurt. Ive done that several times. How many warriors on here bagging him have..?

Depends how bad of a roll it was. After his goal in the 2nd half he seemed to run on it fairly easily back to the bench (jabbed or not).

I've done my ankle, tore the ligaments off the bone and could put no pressure on the foot for weeks, could do low impact exercise after a month of recovery (stationery bike) but didn't run on it for 3 months.

They can be bloody painful, but it all depends on whether he damaged any of the ligaments. I've rolled my ankle dozens of times playing soccer (its so easy to do), but only once has to had my off of it for any period of time. You can roll it, immediately hurts but within 10-15 minutes the ankle feels ok again. You'd restrap at that point and go again. I suspect it was more one of those rolls than anything majorly bad the way he was running on it in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 1 users
First game back and we’re ready to drop Cumbo
Must persist with a run of games to give him confidence
There we’re many others out there last night that never fired a shot

Could see tha ankle roll. I certainly hope you have experienced it before to know the feeling.
Has also had a knee reco when very young in his development years, not easy to catch up.
This place is bizarre
It’s PRE, when we win everyone’s a champion, we,re off to the finals. When we lose it’s sack everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I really want to like this kid, but he annoys when every time he gets a knock he acts like he's been shot by an elephant gun. And the fact he reminds me so much of Kayne Pettifer doesn't help.

Reactions: 6 users
Depends how bad of a roll it was. After his goal in the 2nd half he seemed to run on it fairly easily back to the bench (jabbed or not).

I've done my ankle, tore the ligaments off the bone and could put no pressure on the foot for weeks, could do low impact exercise after a month of recovery (stationery bike) but didn't run on it for 3 months.

They can be bloody painful, but it all depends on whether he damaged any of the ligaments. I've rolled my ankle dozens of times playing soccer (its so easy to do), but only once has to had my off of it for any period of time. You can roll it, immediately hurts but within 10-15 minutes the ankle feels ok again. You'd restrap at that point and go again. I suspect it was more one of those rolls than anything majorly bad the way he was running on it in the 2nd half.
Would have been strapped as well, stirrups which limit the damage.
But that is the point- the pain was obvious. We don’t know, but people on here have made up their minds.

We don’t know the damage, or whether he was jabbed - but plenty on here calling him things like Drama Queen, stager, ‘Boy who Cried Wolf’ etc
If he hasn’t done it before, probably shocked the hell out of him.
Eat our own for sure. It’s weak

Thought you were better than this

Mate, nothing said about Noah's football, I see Cumber's day in day out at training, VFL and it is a fact, (whether or not last night's episode does in fact force him to miss a week), that he exaggerates any innocuous contact or non contact tweak he has making you believe catastrophe has just struck.
I have being saying it for ever now, i'll see it at least once every training session, when other players go down at training other players will check in on their welfare, with Cumber's they do not bother due to a reputation for histrionics.
My opinion only of course so you are entitled to be unhappy with it.

**Coaches public reference to him needing to improve his body language throughout the season, this is just one component of it.

Reactions: 14 users
I thought he was ok despite the aforementioned dramatics.
Probably should have ended up with a couple of goals.

That said he's got to be exceptional as a specialized mid sized fwd in the AFL to make it. He's not exceptional despite some good offensive traits.
The reason guys like Dusty & Martin are preferred is their ability to be part of the midfield rotation & rest foward.
Right now Noah doesn't have that ability as part of his weaponry & that's a weakness.
Throw in some questionable defensive efforts & behavioral issues & you can start to see why he's being overlooked.

Reactions: 5 users
Mate, nothing said about Noah's football, I see Cumber's day in day out at training, VFL and it is a fact, (whether or not last night's episode does in fact force him to miss a week), that he exaggerates any innocuous contact or non contact tweak he has making you believe catastrophe has just struck.
I have being saying it for ever now, i'll see it at least once every training session, when other players go down at training other players will check in on their welfare, with Cumber's they do not bother due to a reputation for histrionics.
My opinion only of course so you are entitled to be unhappy with it.

**Coaches public reference to him needing to improve his body language throughout the season, this is just one component of it.
A reputation for histrionics? When did this start? Last year? The year before? Or just this year? Maybe it has become a habit in recent times. I will have to start getting to training.

Does this reputation for histrionics come from inside the tent, or your observations with other watchers?
If it is new then maybe it is a confidence thing. Laying the boots in doesn’t help.
The ankle roll looked bad to me, and Jack was concerned enough as a leader to get over and help him out, thankfully

I think he can play, and I don't think he's soft, but the theatrics are a real worry. Seems like he just can't help it. Obviously the coaches have been working on it with him, but seems to be getting worse. Has to get it out of his game fast.

Reactions: 1 user
This place is bizarre
As are you

His history of carrying on about any little knock or injury means we could not take serious his ankle last night. Boy who cried wolf scenario.
Looked bad at the time but the way he rolled around was the same as usual so who would know.

Reactions: 4 users
Is Noah on the spectrum? The way we understand people's neuro makeups these days it's not just a case of someone being a sook.

Some people just show their emotions and express different to what's considered normal and I hate that word.

The exaggeration, highly extroverted reactions and the deep self negativity (the dude is harder on himself than his haters). He is a different cat.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Is Noah on the spectrum? The way we understand people's neuro makeups these days it's not just a case of someone being a sook.

Some people just show their emotions and express different to what's considered normal and I hate that word.

The exaggeration, highly extroverted reactions and the deep self negativity (the dude is harder on himself than his haters). He is a different cat.
Those thoughts had occurred to me also.

True, but rather than a pat on the back for toughing it out, people on here are calling him a stager, and previously a sook. Not good enough by the keyboard heroes on here.
He’s built himself a pretty solid resume of “injuries”. Some miraculous comebacks. If you can’t see that he sooks it up by now you never will. And yes I’ve played through injuries plenty of times….rolled ankles included. The kid needs to toughen up.

Reactions: 1 user
I think he can play, and I don't think he's soft, but the theatrics are a real worry. Seems like he just can't help it. Obviously the coaches have been working on it with him, but seems to be getting worse. Has to get it out of his game fast.
Or he can go and play soccer…