Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

He’s built himself a pretty solid resume of “injuries”. Some miraculous comebacks. If you can’t see that he sooks it up by now you never will. And yes I’ve played through injuries plenty of times….rolled ankles included. The kid needs to toughen up.
Maybe he's just a KMart Clangerfield, that'd explain a lot of things.

Reactions: 1 user
Of more concern should be the way he burnt first options and tried to side step opponents on multiple occasions. In the end turned the ball over directly to the opposition instead of dishing it off.
Think that’s where Jack’s spray came from

Reactions: 1 users
He can play and is well worth the education and investment.

Plenty of afl footballers take time to learn how to be an effective one. Let’s be patient

That being said I would replace him with Bauer this week

Reactions: 2 users
Depends how bad of a roll it was. After his goal in the 2nd half he seemed to run on it fairly easily back to the bench (jabbed or not).

I've done my ankle, tore the ligaments off the bone and could put no pressure on the foot for weeks, could do low impact exercise after a month of recovery (stationery bike) but didn't run on it for 3 months.

They can be bloody painful, but it all depends on whether he damaged any of the ligaments. I've rolled my ankle dozens of times playing soccer (its so easy to do), but only once has to had my off of it for any period of time. You can roll it, immediately hurts but within 10-15 minutes the ankle feels ok again. You'd restrap at that point and go again. I suspect it was more one of those rolls than anything majorly bad the way he was running on it in the 2nd half.
Yep I've rolled ankles plenty of times. It can hurt alot and may hobble around for a while but comes good within a quarter. Have only had one really bad strain where I missed 3 weeks.

He’s built himself a pretty solid resume of “injuries”. Some miraculous comebacks. If you can’t see that he sooks it up by now you never will. And yes I’ve played through injuries plenty of times….rolled ankles included. The kid needs to toughen up.
Which ones? Most injuries I've seen he's missed games. I'm more concerned at how many injuries he's had. There's no doubt he's quite theatrical, curses himself, wears his heart on his sleeve. I only want to know can he play footy and I think he has shown that he can. Was an almost game on Thursday, things didn't quite happen but honestly who would have wanted to play forward with a measly 38 inside 50s. Need to persist with Cumbo particularly now we're no chance of making finals.

Reactions: 2 users
Which ones? Most injuries I've seen he's missed games. I'm more concerned at how many injuries he's had. There's no doubt he's quite theatrical, curses himself, wears his heart on his sleeve. I only want to know can he play footy and I think he has shown that he can. Was an almost game on Thursday, things didn't quite happen but honestly who would have wanted to play forward with a measly 38 inside 50s. Need to persist with Cumbo particularly now we're no chance of making finals.
I like him and want him to make it. I can’t see him doing it unless he shakes off this behaviour he has shown over a significant period of time. His coaches have expressed concern, team mates are ignoring it….speaks volumes to me. He needs to correct it to have an AFL career imo.

I wonder if he's body shape/size has something to do with injuries/histrionics. He looks too lean. Ectomorph with lean muscles and small joints.

After what I saw on Thursday, he needs to play the entire season in the VFL
He has zero understanding of running patterns as a forward . Zero
Take Ben Miller with him
There is a reason Hopper kicked 2 goals , why ? He ran into space
Am tipping Jack R would be glad to see them back in the VFL
Both had zero understanding about forward craft . Go and learn in the VFL
Bauer has more idea than both of them combined
Horrendous Thursday Night for a reason

I like to know what has happened between last season and this year for him to go backwards that much and the same with junior ?.

Theatrical? After that last game,any more theatrical I would have him as an understudy to Gryan Miers.

He obviously didn't fit into the game plan Dimma wanted at the start of the season where Damien decided he wanted to play Cotch forward.

Ironically Hardwick is no longer at the club, Cotch is no longer playing forward & now a bright young player is playing without confidence..

Cumberland was terrific last season. I hope he can rediscover that form as we desperately need young talent shining through.

Reactions: 8 users
He obviously didn't fit into the game plan Dimma wanted at the start of the season where Damien decided he wanted to play Cotch forward.

Ironically Hardwick is no longer at the club, Cotch is no longer playing forward & now a bright young player is playing without confidence..

Cumberland was terrific last season. I hope he can rediscover that form as we desperately need young talent shining through.
That last line sums it up perfectly

When he came off in the last quarter and was running to the bench he was visibly proppy as he tried to slow himself down by putting resistance or brake load through his foot.

Won’t be surprised if he’s out injured this week.

I like to know what has happened between last season and this year for him to go backwards that much and the same with junior ?.
He was playing with confidence.

He knew his role, and played to it. He lead well, ran into dangerous areas, and competed at ground level.

Then he got coached into the ground. Dropped. Sub. Publicly questioned. Made to play midfield in the reserves for a month. Asked to tackle more. Sub. Dropped.

Now he sweats on every possession. Doesn't know whether to lead or tackle. Shoot or pass. Kick or handball.

Destroying confidence 101.

As an aside, the treatment of Cumbo earlier this year was the first time I knew Hardwick was burned out. He hadn't failed a kid at any point in his time at the club until this.

Reactions: 13 users

He knew his role, and played to it. He lead well, ran into dangerous areas, and competed at ground level.

Then he got coached into the ground. Dropped. Sub. Publicly questioned. Made to play midfield in the reserves for a month. Asked to tackle more. Sub. Dropped.

Now he sweats on every possession. Doesn't know whether to lead or tackle. Shoot or pass. Kick or handball.

As an aside, the treatment of Cumbo earlier this year was the first time I knew Hardwick was burned out. He hadn't failed a kid at any point in his time at the club until this.
A perfect summation, thanks Coburg. I think we are in the minority though

Think he definitely plays his best footy when he plays instinctively. See ball get ball, he's like the other Noah, can't be made to over think things.

Reactions: 4 users
After what I saw on Thursday, he needs to play the entire season in the VFL
He has zero understanding of running patterns as a forward . Zero
Take Ben Miller with him
There is a reason Hopper kicked 2 goals , why ? He ran into space
Am tipping Jack R would be glad to see them back in the VFL
Both had zero understanding about forward craft . Go and learn in the VFL
Bauer has more idea than both of them combined
Horrendous Thursday Night for a reason
I think instinctively he is one of the most natural forwards on our list, top 4. So we couldn't disagree more, which is fine. As others have said, confidence is a massive thing for a kid like this - and now he is not as instinctive as he tries to run to where the coaches want him to go - not what has been his instinct his whole life. Bauer has not even played a senior game, certainly not against a team like Brisbane were Thursday night, so that is a stretch - may be true, but a stretch at the minute. I want Bauer in too..

At least you are not personally ridiculing Cumberland eg. stager, drama queen, actor, sook etc.