Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I hope we see him in the AFL soon , he has a bit of the dreaded X factor about him.

I know there was other issues why Stengel was moved on , however sometimes I think we are better off just letting the small forwards play with instinct rather then team defence as the priority .

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Cumbo used to play in bursts but now his involvement in games is much more consistent. In time I think he has some traits that will translate to seniors. I hope they recontract him.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
More physically ready for AFL than Clarke at the moment.

Reactions: 6 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If Noah clicks he,ll be a star. He,ll be inconsistent but he,ll win games. The type
of player that have 6 kicks but kick 3.1 and a couple of score assists.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Didn't he get a knee injury during his 1st pre season, that would have stifled his development. In effect he is only in his 2nd full year.

I look forward to seeing what he can do in the 1sts

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Didn't he get a knee injury during his 1st pre season, that would have stifled his development. In effect he is only in his 2nd full year.

I look forward to seeing what he can do in the 1sts
He ruptured his ACL in 2020

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Ridiculous to say but has a Gary Ablett Snr physical build (not saying has the GOATS ability)

• Love

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
At 183cm, 80kg and given his other attributes and play style, Cumberland falls into the dreaded “medium forward” category.

Very, very tough to make it at AFL level as a medium forward, especially when you a not blessed with electric pace, huge engine or elite marking ability like Cumberland is. Those that do survive in this position tend to (but not always) be very good midfielders in their own right which I haven’t really seen any sign of from Cumberland either.

Still, he deserves his chance and I hope he gets it soon.

Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The thing he does have is a magnificent left leg which means he doesn’t need much of the ball to have an impact

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Would swap Judson out for Noah even though the WC game is where a guy like Juddy could really fill his boots

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Kicked 4, but could've got half a dozen as went close to clunking a couple of really good marks.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I hope we see him in the AFL soon , he has a bit of the dreaded X factor about him.

I know there was other issues why Stengel was moved on , however sometimes I think we are better off just letting the small forwards play with instinct rather then team defence as the priority .
I agree but I think we have a good crop of young small forwards. Noah is one but MRJ and Judson Clark are both high potential and nowhere near optimum yet
The 3 of them are different sorts of players as well, although I do see both MRJ and Clark capable of playing a high half forward with stints in the middle role.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I agree but I think we have a good crop of young small forwards. Noah is one but MRJ and Judson Clark are both high potential and nowhere near optimum yet
The 3 of them are different sorts of players as well, although I do see both MRJ and Clark capable of playing a high half forward with stints in the middle role.
At least one of these guys needs to be a mid. Clark I suppose, and I imagine that’s why he is being prioritised in getting games.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Interesting type. Very small marking forward. Even the big ones need ground game. At AFL level he will certainly need that.

Just two years since a big knee. He can be very rugged. Not silky but shrewd. Can't be far off.

Only six or so weeks ago Cumberland got a shot on goal because the ball fell out of Sydney's hands into his. Is it still falling out of Sydney's hands?