Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Kicked 114 goals in the last 2 seasons, 6 goals in a grand final and has won the Melbourne goal kicking 3 times.

I get how many don’t like the lurking on the edges nature of his game but he has a great record.
I think the negatives for me are the staging for free kicks where he takes himself out of the contest and also when he doesn’t give it to a player in a clearly better position. Knowing when to stay out of the pack and be at ground level is something you want a forward of that size to be able to do.

Without looking at any numbers I would imagine his goal kicking is elite from a set shot.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I worry about them all gelling the in the forward line and his opportunities diminishing. But that is up to the forwards coach to work on. He will certainly not be double teamed at any stage. Will need to make the most of his opportunities
That might already being worked on. From what caesar has told us at training, Cumbo has been running up to the wings. I'd say he will be high half forward and Dusty will play deep. Then perhaps Cumbo drops deep when Dusty has a run in the middle. Jack and Lynch doing their thing with MRJ creating havoc and Shai just roaming everywhere. Sounds amazing to me!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
That might already being worked on. From what caesar has told us at training, Cumbo has been running up to the wings. I'd say he will be high half forward and Dusty will play deep. Then perhaps Cumbo drops deep when Dusty has a run in the middle. Jack and Lynch doing their thing with MRJ creating havoc and Shai just roaming everywhere. Sounds amazing to me!
Love the idea but just might mean that he doesnt return as many goals based on last year. I think 20-25 goals would be a good return for him this year if he stays healthy based on the other talent in the forward line with Dusty hopefully back to full fitness

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I think Teague as forward coach has been a good thing. Didn’t we score the most goals in the H&A season?
I think he will work it out with the boys.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can Cumbers take it up a notch again? Liking what I'm hearing from his preseason so far..
A lot of talk of Dusty playing forward this year but on the small sample we saw in the final it affected the way Cumberland was playing til that point a little.
Be interesting to see how it all works this year & whether Noah can establish himself in the side alongide the champ..
I'm certainly less worried about the names & more interested in how the forward line functions as a unit.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Can Cumbers take it up a notch again? Liking what I'm hearing from his preseason so far..
A lot of talk of Dusty playing forward this year but on the small sample we saw in the final it affected the way Cumberland was playing til that point a little.
Be interesting to see how it all works this year & whether Noah can establish himself in the side alongide the champ..
I'm certainly less worried about the names & more interested in how the forward line functions as a unit.
Dusty played almost permanent forward in that final and wasn’t 100% match fit. I don’t except him to do that for a whole season, he will still spend considerable time in the middle and working between the 50 metre arcs

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cumberland won't be stuck in a pocket from what I am witnessing at training he is roaming fairly high and looking good.
Expect our forward line to be even more unpredictable and dangerous this year along with increased midfield goal kicking contribution

Reactions: 9 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Kicked 114 goals in the last 2 seasons, 6 goals in a grand final and has won the Melbourne goal kicking 3 times.

I get how many don’t like the lurking on the edges nature of his game but he has a great record.
Very good footballer, if Cumbo can follow that path we’ve struck gold.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

It’s the hairdo…

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Expect our forward line to be even more unpredictable and dangerous this year along with increased midfield goal kicking contribution
Thats exactly how i see it with the amount of talent running through the mid/fwd

When you look at the names Martin - Bolton - MRj - Cumberland alongside Tom Lynch & Jack Riewoldt
with a sprinkling of Taranto - Cotchin

Thats enough to give any defenders the sh!ts

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thats exactly how i see it with the amount of talent running through the mid/fwd

When you look at the names Martin - Bolton - MRj - Cumberland alongside Tom Lynch & Jack Riewoldt
with a sprinkling of Taranto - Cotchin

Thats enough to give any defenders the sh!ts
Add Hopper instead of Cotch and you have it right, Cotch has never been a goal kicker and never met his post season review goal a couple of year's ago when he said he wanted to be more like Dusty when resting forward

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cumberland won't be stuck in a pocket from what I am witnessing at training he is roaming fairly high and looking good.
If Dusty plays more forward, I hope Cumberland is played a little further down the ground. Can't have the young bull getting in the old bulls way.
Dusty, Shai and Cumberland waxing deep, and further downfield is a mouth watering proposition.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Add Hopper instead of Cotch and you have it right, Cotch has never been a goal kicker and never met his post season review goal a couple of year's ago when he said he wanted to be more like Dusty when resting forward
I see Cotchin getting more time up foward with Hopper & Taranto into the team
with the rotations of Martin,Bolton,Taranto,Hopper,Prestia im seeing Trent getting more opportunity in the foward 50

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
with the rotations of Martin,Bolton,Taranto,Hopper,Prestia im seeing Trent getting more opportunity in the foward 50
Chimpa gonna be hunting oppo defenders and smashing them to keep the ball in our 50.

Could be brutal.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Alternatively i see Cotch and Prestia getting more bench time.
Say they did 65% each instead of 80%
Nearly 20 minutes less ground time each game.
Extend careers and allow them to play more burst /high intensity

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Alternatively i see Cotch and Prestia getting more bench time.
Say they did 65% each instead of 80%
Nearly 20 minutes less ground time each game.
Extend careers and allow them to play more burst /high intensity
I dont think we can carry 2 players just getting 65% game time

The rotations for the other players would be not enough , Resting foward for 3-4 mins a quarter would achieve a similar result

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005

Also looks like butt head of the Beavis variety.