Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I reckon Noah MK2 (the forgotten man) is a potential bonus for us heading into next year. Was a highly talented junior before his ACL in his debut game with us. Watch this space :eyes

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He looked impressive yesterday, something special. Not to denigrate other youngsters on the list but there seems a sameness about them eg RCD, Dow, Martyn, HRS, Ross.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Wow! Only caught last 1.5 quarters with PRE royalty yesterday but we need to get this kid in for a taste!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Wow! Only caught last 1.5 quarters with PRE royalty yesterday but we need to get this kid in for a taste!
For once I might agree with you. It's hard to be sure though going on VFL form; it's weaker than ever after 2020 Covid wipe-out. You see youngsters tried really struggle with the far greater gap in speed and intensity now: Martyn, Ross, Ryan.

But not sure Cumbers can be less effective than Castagna (aside from a couple of useful Ds yesterday) and Aarts. May have more future.

Interesting hearing our VFL coach in PG interview re Cumberland - implied that he is a real individual who is best played deep forward. Likes to do his own thing, possibly not so much of a team player .... got the ego and drive of a true forward by the sound of it.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Had 20 possessions & kicked 5.3 yesterday at Punt Road on his recovery from a knee reco.
Looked lively & dynamic up forward. Very powerful burst forward with some hops & real tricks.
Not far away from senior selection me thinks..
Not surprised to see Cumberland kick some snags!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Wasn’t it only a couple of weeks ago people were saying the kid was a bust? He’s returned from an acl, had an interrupted VFL season and only started now to put some games together and show a bit. We do need to rest up some of the busted up veterans and non performers, but I’d be giving Cumberland as much time to develop in the VFL as we can. Maybe a game or two at the end, provided his form holds.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Don't some want him cut.
It gets confusing sometimes.
Nah he had an ACL he gets grace and an extra year.

The very little of him that Ive seen, he shows something, he's like one of those kids you watch and he's got something about him apart from whats obvious.

It was his attack on the footy I noticed pretty much.

I saw the same in Broady, he didn't look like too much apart from a bloke that was a good size that could run and had a dip, but he didnt like getting beaten and that was the first thing I noticed about him playing VFL. When he got beaten her went harder, but was also agile and quick and could cover the ground all attributes perfect for a defender.

With Rance it was his natural athleticism and desire to compete we all saw it he was too intense he put himself under immense pressure early doors but he was always going to be a player..

Rance and Broad are/were learners, guys who improved incrementally every game every year upon year and were faashioned into the players they became utilising their best attributes.

Hopefully Cumberland has something to add to the mix for the Tigers going forward.

It was a real shame he went down with an ACL because he may well have had a few games by now.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Loved his game yesterday, he could quite possibly turn out to be the best Noah at the club.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Would love to see him come in for Aarts or Georgie , has there speed , leap and hardness, however has a shitload more class , may not be able to play the “ Richmond way” that they do at this stage of fitness though

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Let's see him get some consistency first.
I hear ya TBH , however his more likely to kick 3 or 4 then any of our other small forwards atm and it could just kick start his career . With a depleted team and against a ultra negative back half he may just be able to produce some magic the others aren’t capable off.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I hear ya TBH , however his more likely to kick 3 or 4 then any of our other small forwards atm and it could just kick start his career . With a depleted team and against a ultra negative back half he may just be able to produce some magic the others aren’t capable off.
That's a Samson Ryan selection. Caddy's more likely to kick the goals if played as a forward.

But we won't play that structure anyway. Lynch, Jack, Chols Royce. That's the extent of marking forwards, plus a resting mid (Dusty :(, Bolton) and the (un)dynamic duo.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
That's a Samson Ryan selection. Caddy's more likely to kick the goals if played as a forward.

But we won't play that structure anyway. Lynch, Jack, Chols Royce. That's the extent of marking forwards, plus a resting mid (Dusty :(, Bolton) and the (un)dynamic duo.
I don’t see the selection anything like Ryans , however I’d say your correct on selection

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
How many bags of 5 does he need?
3 bags full.

Not sure anyone is comparing him to a tall forward option.
We’re screaming out for a mobile overhead marking half forward who can kick goals. This could be him.
My kingdom for a Didak