Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Noah Cumberland (Richmond)

“Tim Batty looks after Noah and Tim’s having constant conversations with Blair (Hartley) and the Richmond footy club.

“Noah’s been really impressive in the back-half of this year. We hope that he gets another opportunity at Richmond.

“We’d like to think there’s going to be an opportunity there, other clubs have inquired, but we’re just trying to keep dialogue open with Richmond to see where that lands over the next week.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10...igned-saints-magpie-tiger-and-giants-veteran/

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Noah Cumberland (Richmond)

“Tim Batty looks after Noah and Tim’s having constant conversations with Blair (Hartley) and the Richmond footy club.

“Noah’s been really impressive in the back-half of this year. We hope that he gets another opportunity at Richmond.

“We’d like to think there’s going to be an opportunity there, other clubs have inquired, but we’re just trying to keep dialogue open with Richmond to see where that lands over the next week.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10...igned-saints-magpie-tiger-and-giants-veteran/

I really rate Noah, looked dangerous at times up forward in the ressies, especially the last 2 games where he kicked 8 goals.
Only 20, we are actually needing a mid-sized forward who can play tall, has good hands, kicks straight and has pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I really rate Noah, looked dangerous at times up forward in the ressies, especially the last 2 games where he kicked 8 goals.
Only 20, we are actually needing a mid-sized forward who can play tall, has good hands, kicks straight and has pace.

Totally agree.

Didn't he miss a heap of time with injury since being drafted? Looked like he was finally getting full confidence near season's end.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe we will rookie him?

Whatever they do another year on the list would be most welcome for him after his set back in 2020.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
watching a couple of VFL games this year i thought he stood out . hope he stays

Reactions: 3 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Haven't read anywhere Cumberland being delisted other than the SEN article. Disappointed if so, showed heaps in the VFL despite bad fortune at the start of his career with an acl. If Parker/Faarts/George gets a gig ahead of Cumberland I'll spew up. To be delisted after 2 seasons (1 written off & the following season off the back of a season ending injury) is harsh despite the reduced number of allocated players per club

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Not sure Cumberland has been delisted.
RFC keeping its options open for the moment. See what plays out on trade period.

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
The club is crazy if the drop him. The kid showed some real go, enough to make me think he could play midfield.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Has had a bit of an attitude problem. Tigers may be deliberately hanging him out so he *smile* himself and loses the attitude. Or we may have so many picks to use and his position is genuinely on the line.

• Wow

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'd keep Noah Cumberland in front of Garthwaite, Eggy, Parker and probably a few others.

At 20, and with 2 interrupted seasons he has a lot of potential upside.

Just sign him now.

DS

Reactions: 10 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Hasn't been delisted. Just not yet resigned. No doubt we will wait to see what unfolds but I hope he stays on a one year contract

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I wouldn't have been so hasty to sign Martyn up tbh.

He and Ross are pretty much the same type I would have thought.

He is a goer and has showed some Tiger spirit.

I'd be happy for him to stay another year.

He or Biggy to the rookie list to open up a spot maybe might work.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Balme gently said something like not doing things the way we want or somesuch, ToO. He'd be talking about adherence to team rules, values etc.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Didn’t some want him punted at the end of this year….
Mid way through the year a few did, but then at the back end of the year when his fitness went up, he really started to show something. Had a couple of bags up forward which were good. Think we've got something to work with, particularly given the injury in his first year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
From the limited games I've seen, I'd have Cumberland ahead of Ralph-Smith.

Reactions: 2 users