Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

What we saw today are reasons why he gets dropped. I suspect we won’t see Noah for a few weeks.

Reactions: 6 users
I dont think the kid can play with Martin also up forward to be honest he seems unsure of himself and second guessing alot.

He was fine last year till Dustin returned and he didn't get near it in the EF.

Has struggled with Martin in the side this year also.

Can play and will be a player.

He's trying too hard and thinking too much maybe he needs to just play.

Reactions: 3 users
I dont think the kid can play with Martin also up forward to be honest he seems unsure of himself and second guessing alot.

ok. but Dusty did play more centre/mid this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Between the ears with this One.
petulant…cut it out.
I Know Yes GIF by Bounce

Reactions: 2 users
His attitude is poor. There were numerous times when he just didn't work hard enough to get to the contest. This is what Dimma has been pushing for and clearly he doesn't seem to be doing much about it.

People can bag Dimma as much as they want, but if Cumbo just doesn't do the simple things like put in the effort then he only has himself to blame.

I'm starting to sense a similar story to Stack unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong and he can turn it around as he has heaps of ability.

Reactions: 6 users
This.

It is a very difficult position to play. Clearly there are issues Cumbo needs to improve a lot, but the tools are there, I just hope the tough love approach is the right one for Cumberland because if we can get this right he will be a very valuable player.

DS
My issue today is he didn’t present enough and dropped his head. Right decision to sub him out. So much ability but disappointed in his effort today and that costs nothing.

As a mid size forward, the game won’t always go your way. However, you must keep presenting & competing and he didn’t. Poor today. However not hard to turn around - it’s attitude & work rate. I’d keep him in next week and challenge him again.

Reactions: 3 users

So the kid cannot play because Martin is there??????????????????Come on!He should see it as a gift rather than a burden.Apprentice learning from the master.

Reactions: 1 users
Would like to see Cumbers played him on the wing in the McGoo's, he needs a bit of a change.

So the kid cannot play because Martin is there??????????????????Come on!He should see it as a gift rather than a burden.Apprentice learning from the master.
Agreed thats what most would think.

Just going by what Ive seen since theyve played togetrher thats all.

. Right decision to sub him out. So much ability but disappointed in his effort today and that costs nothing.
Effort, attitude and sacrifice is why the RFC has 3 new shiny Cups and Flags in the Cabinet.

It doesn't cost anything but it is everything in elite level sport.

Reactions: 4 users
Dimma's comments yesterday were interesting.
Gave him a belated cuddle after he played an absolute shocker.
Said he was being asked to play a new role yesterday because of injuries?
Not sure what that role was exactly because he struggled to get near it.
Think most would expect he'll probably get dropped next week but I'm not totally sure he will.

Reactions: 2 users
Dimma's comments yesterday were interesting.
Gave him a belated cuddle after he played an absolute shocker.
Said he was being asked to play a new role yesterday because of injuries?
Not sure what that role was exactly because he struggled to get near it.
Think most would expect he'll probably get dropped next week but I'm not totally sure he will.
In the pre match on Fox he went out of his way to say how much he loved Noah and how DEFENSIVELY he’s good but had to work on his OFFENCE. I got the feeling Dimma was aware of the “Dimma must hate Noah” vibe going around and tried to address it.

Reactions: 1 user