Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Oh for *smile* sake Cumbo has been overlooked after kicking 4 goals and being BOG in the VFL

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Ralphie

Tiger Rookie
Dec 6, 2015
That’s a fair bit overstated. Would love some vision to back up calling him a sook
Probably isn't any vision but you can see it clearly at the game when the ball heads off to the other end, he is his own worst enemy. Don't get me wrong the kid has talent and i really hope he makes it.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I actually reckon he’s ok defensively when the ball is in his area. My criticism of him this year is he doesn’t drive himself to get from contest to contest (did that better last year - remember last 2 minutes of the Nth game) & he drops his head too easily when he misses a mark, misses a goal, gets beaten by opponent etc.

He has huge natural talent and should be in the 22 - that’ll happen soon enough. However once he is back in, he’s got to give everything 100% all game and get to as many contests as he can - come off spent. He’ll win his share and be very valuable to the side if he does. Chin has to be up at all times - each contest is a chance to succeed.

Reactions: 4 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I wonder if they hate him and want him to fail for some unknown reason or if they are trying to coach him into the player they believe he can become. Who can say for sure? Didn't seem to be a hard concept for people to grasp in regards to Stack, but here it is for some reason.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Probably isn't any vision but you can see it clearly at the game when the ball heads off to the other end, he is his own worst enemy. Don't get me wrong the kid has talent and i really hope he makes it.
So the ball is down the other end and he gives himself a backhander ? Ok yeah drop him. I get the body language thing but don’t go calling him a sook

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I wonder if they hate him and want him to fail for some unknown reason or if they are trying to coach him into the player they believe he can become. Who can say for sure? Didn't seem to be a hard concept for people to grasp in regards to Stack, but here it is for some reason.
If this continues He’ll probably be looking elsewhere as he’s been singled out and treated very harshly

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
In case it wasn't clear, I was being sarcastic. It's clearly the second option I presented.
‘Coach him into the player they believe he can become..’ .
Considering our forward line issues there are many including me that think he can help us win games right now, and can learn in the ones, especially after some very good 2’s games.

Why can’t people understand the concept that we get the argument - all the development stuff, the roles, the defensive stuff, the GPS, the reviews,
But we are entitled to our opinion that he should be in the team.
That concept is not that hard

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
‘Coach him into the player they believe he can become..’ .
Considering our forward line issues there are many including me that think he can help us win games right now, and can learn in the ones, especially after some very good 2’s games.

Why can’t people understand the concept that we get the argument - all the development stuff, the roles, the defensive stuff, the GPS, the reviews,
But we are entitled to our opinion that he should be in the team.
That concept is not that hard
Nothing wrong with thinking that. It's just the over the top stuff, like it's just the most shocking thing in the world that he's not playing and is so hard done by and is going to leave because of all of this supposed mistreatment.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Dont know about this one. Daffy was a natural ball magnet, albeit that he would chase a lot of junk ball when he was being played in the middle. Not sure Cumbo has the same instinct to consistently find the footy.

Yeah, it was a very general statement.

Wasn’t really thinking in terms of type of player, more just the way he moved, approached the contest, and body shape.

Don’t know exactly why, just think of Daffy when I watch Cumbo play.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mansell had 1 kick against Melbourne Can’t kick when the pressure is on Is played out of position
Dont see Mansell sent to the VFL for long stints to rectify is failures

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With the VFL Tiges having a bye this week, Snags is not going to have a chance to keep kicking the door down.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Plenty of others in the team have “defensive deficiencies “. Let him learn while he’s kicking goals.
At least he can chase and catch an opponen. Blokes playing now are like turtles chasing rabbits

Reactions: 3 users