Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Do we win if he plays?
Probably not, but a forward line with him, Bauer, Clarke as a permanent forward pocket, Rioli jnr once his hamstring is right, Dusty, Bolton & Jack and the second ruck occasionally (but not Miller) would be the best we can do with current player stocks.

Can’t play Cotchin, Graham and Mansell up there any longer. Too slow and ineffectual. Cotch should be sub to get him to 300 & play midfield minutes when he is on.

Reactions: 4 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Probably not, but a forward line with him, Bauer, Clarke as a permanent forward pocket, Rioli jnr once his hamstring is right, Dusty, Bolton & Jack and the second ruck occasionally (but not Miller) would be the best we can do with current player stocks.

Can’t play Cotchin, Graham and Mansell up there any longer. Too slow and ineffectual. Cotch should be sub to get him to 300 & play midfield minutes when he is on.
Nailed it

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cumberland sausage is back, I hope he snags 3 or 4 goals.
Cumberland is only in squad at this stage so not yet back but he better be, enough is enough even though I didn't mind him going back to get some more schooling if we get back a more rounded player but right now we need someone who can kick some #*#*%*! goals.

Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cumberland is only in squad at this stage so not yet back but he better be, enough is enough even though I didn't mind him going back to get some more schooling if we get back a more rounded player but right now we need someone who can kick some #*#*%*! goals.
Yes, a bit presumptuous of me, surely he's at least the sub.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Melb v Carlton half time small medium forwards

J Motlop, 5 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
K Pickett 4 disposals, 1 goal. 1 tackle
B Fritsch. 6 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
K Chandler 8 disposals 0 goals, 4 tackles
M Owies 3 disposals, 0 goals, 2 tackles
Z Fisher 7 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
Ban Rooyen 7 disposals, 1 goal, 0 tackles
J Smith 1 disposal, 0 goals, 1 tackle
Neal-Bullen. 5 disposal, 1 goal, 3 tackles

Banish em all.

Just what are the expectations of Cumbo - his stats match or are better than all them and we need goal-kickers and he is young

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I've said it before I got no problems with him working on his weaknesses , but the same application hasn't applied to other players.

We botched it with him this year was there problems with Dimma who knows , but you can't have your most talented half forward playing vfl with the state of our forward line mystifying.

Reactions: 6 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
I've said it before I got no problems with him working on his weaknesses , but the same application hasn't applied to other players.

We botched it with him this year was there problems with Dimma who knows , but you can't have your most talented half forward playing vfl with the state of our forward line mystifying.
Agree, however just curious about Cumbo's apparent lack of defensive efforts. Why are no questions being asked about Mansell, Jack Graham and even Cotch's apparent lack of attacking endeavours when they seemingly our forwards who are supposed to kick goals. Defensive pressures are fine when we are winning but are we proving anything when we only get beaten by a goal or so thanks to this pressure when it makes no difference on the ladder.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Port currently have had 11 tackles in their forward line and it is barely halfway through the second quarter.We might manage 11 tackles in two games .

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
They've scrambled his brain.
Playing with fear of failure, high expectation and devoid of all the natural instincts he played with last year.
That shot on goal from 4m out was the sign of a confused player.
Won’t play seniors next week based on todays performance. Disappointing for the kid

Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
They've scrambled his brain.
Playing with fear of failure, high expectation and devoid of all the natural instincts he played with last year.
That shot on goal from 4m out was the sign of a confused player.
Won’t play seniors next week based on todays performance. Disappointing for the kid
Tough call. Got two free kicks, had an opportunity for a chest mark running back dropped it but it was his speed and anticipation that gets him into those positions.
Yes the polish wasn’t there coming back into the team and beginning in the last quarter of a hot game. Didn’t play last week either?

Can’t hang him for that miss, nobody else gets hung.

Brad Johnson 380 games objective opinion with 11 minutes left on the clock-

‘gee Cumberland is a dangerous forward, very dangerous…’

That is based on what he saw in first half of that last quarter.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Didnt do much.
Noticeably with the game on the line the sub with fresh legs was on the bench.
Still needs to work and do the team thing

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Didnt do much.
Noticeably with the game on the line the sub with fresh legs was on the bench.
Still needs to work and do the team thing

As someone who didn't get to watch the game, what team things do you think he needs to do?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
As someone who didn't get to watch the game, what team things do you think he needs to do?
He wasnt particularly involved. Only on the ground for the laat quarter.

I have no idea what the match committee want him to do. The reports from Steve Morris at reserves level gives an indication.
And we know the club doesnt use the stats we have. Goals tackling contested possessions.

But let me take a guess.
Theres a good read on Roar about Melbourne. They beat the blues but werent impressive. The article identified how the forwards werent working for each other.
It was also shown for the Hawks win the way the forwards spread.
How important team cohesion is and getting mids and forwards on the same page (the connection).

The club has talked so much about unrewarded running. Offensive and defensive.
Its asked Noah to work harder.
The stats show Noah has very good numbers for tackles and goals.
And often he works on instinct.
I think we are asking him to work for the forwards team.
He can be #1 in the vfa. Or #4 in the afl.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Tough call. Got two free kicks, had an opportunity for a chest mark running back dropped it but it was his speed and anticipation that gets him into those positions.
Yes the polish wasn’t there coming back into the team and beginning in the last quarter of a hot game. Didn’t play last week either?

Can’t hang him for that miss, nobody else gets hung.

Brad Johnson 380 games objective opinion with 11 minutes left on the clock-

‘gee Cumberland is a dangerous forward, very dangerous…’

That is based on what he saw in first half of that last quarter.
Brad Johnston?
The guy who never watches our games?
Next you’ll be agreeing with his rolling AA squad

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Needs to play a few games in a row to get back some confidence. If think he adds something to our forward structure.