Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not unexpected being shunted to the rookie list along with Biggy.

That gives him another chance to keep going and show what he's got.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Actually a better spot for him. Less pressure and can keep him on for 2-3 years where he’s not worried about getting delisted at the end of every year

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Mid way through the year a few did, but then at the back end of the year when his fitness went up, he really started to show something. Had a couple of bags up forward which were good. Think we've got something to work with, particularly given the injury in his first year.
They're the signs I noticed, so why delist? Did we not see the obvious someway?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was hopeful he'd get a debut game late this year. Kid was putting in some decent performances in the magoos n had just enough stink about his game to be old school interesting.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
They're the signs I noticed, so why delist? Did we not see the obvious someway?
It's about maximimising opportunities to select players in the National Draft, not a knock on Cumberland. If he was contracted this year, and say Ross or Dow wasn't, it might end up one of them on the rookie list and not him.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I figure they probably told him they had no choice given the reduced list size and the need to draft. Hopefully Cumberland is ok with this as I reckon he could be very good and there will be a spot on the list in a couple of years.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'm a scratched record, but in the 2nds games I saw him play he was good ..

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon Two Phones might have to change his name to Five Phones up on the Goldie with all the off field distractions and entertainment.

Marbs is seriously gonna be loving it up there away from Victoriastan with the family and the Goldie Life as a young bloke.