Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
I watched a little of him in the VFL before be debut. I read reports of his pace but did not know he was that quick. V castagna pace wise I don't think we lose anything.

Hot start, now needs to contribute week in week out, wont kick bags every week.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I watched a little of him in the VFL before be debut. I read reports of his pace but did not know he was that quick. V castagna pace wise I don't think we lose anything.

Either that or he will. :)

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

VFL watches can also report that Cumberland is capable of a specky or two so watch this space.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Currently on SEN speaking with Twang Russell. Speaks well this kid.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Take your pick many of us have been saying it for months.

In your reply to lamb22, you can't be that naive that you think the coach or MC doesn't make selection errors?
I have watched ressies all year, cumbers has kicked 30+ goals you don't think he deserved his chance earlier? Some hogwash about needed to be more defensive lol, he was chasing, and tackling, taking big marks, running to the right spots and kicking goals etc.

Castagna had some woeful games and thus he was picked on past reputation. Even when he was dropped Cumberland and Stack were playing better than Castagna but George got the nod and we all saw what happened after that, Aarts I can somewhat understand he was putting up big numbers in the ressies but so was collier dawkins and he ain't getting a look in.
I am not naive enough to think that the MC never makes mistakes, but I am also not arrogant enough to think because i disagree with them they must be wrong. (as an aside Lambsy is still bitter we got Hardwick and Port got Hinkley)

You've been saying it for months? 4 months ago Cumberland played rd 1 in the VFL. in his 1st 3 games he kicked 4 goals. Should he have started the year in the AFL?
3 months ago Cumberland returned after missing a month of football. should he have come straight into the ones then?
he then kicked 3 goals each game for the next 3 weeks.
2 months ago he made his 'debut' against the Swans, not making it onto the field after playing a half in the VFL
we then had the bye, so after playing 2 quarters of football in the previous 2 weeks Cumberland went back to the VFL, replaced as sub by Kane Lambert, while Clarke made his debut, which most were happy with.
a poor game in the VFL followed, then 3 games where he kicked multiple goals. he was then promoted.

It is worth noting we lost 2 games out of 9 before Cumberland's 2nd debut- to the Swans by 6, and to the Cats by 3, and were scoring freely. That suggests the MC were getting a lot right.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just makes me laugh listening to the pigeons asking dud questions (or should I say 'biting') in pressers.

Well spoken again to Cumbo. Looking forward to seeing him on AFL360 tonight to face Blobbo's theatre.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
I am not naive enough to think that the MC never makes mistakes, but I am also not arrogant enough to think because i disagree with them they must be wrong. (as an aside Lambsy is still bitter we got Hardwick and Port got Hinkley)

You've been saying it for months? 4 months ago Cumberland played rd 1 in the VFL. in his 1st 3 games he kicked 4 goals. Should he have started the year in the AFL?
3 months ago Cumberland returned after missing a month of football. should he have come straight into the ones then?
2 months ago he made his 'debut' against the Swans, not making it onto the field after playing a half in the VFL
we then had the bye, so after playing 2 quarters of football in the previous 2 weeks Cumberland went back to the VFL, replaced as sub by Kane Lambert, while Clarke made his debut, which most were happy with.
a poor game in the VFL followed, then 3 games where he kicked multiple goals. he was then promoted.

It is worth noting we lost 2 games out of 9 before Cumberland's 2nd debut- to the Swans by 6, and to the Cats by 3, and were scoring freely. That suggests the MC were getting a lot right.

Ok I don't know about lambsy being bitter about dimma getting the job over Hinkley. But that was 13 years ago surely 3 premierships later he's no longer bitter.

I didn't say 3,4, 5 months ago. Months plural meaning more than 1 = 2. Its not only the goals which he has kicked many, he has marked well, always finds space, has good leading patterns, these are good footy traits

Good for Clarke but if you going to put a skinny 18 year old to make his debut well cumbers could’ve got the nod. Oh btw i was happy for clarke but felt for cumbers.

When you have kicked something like 35 goals there were amble times he should’ve been in the 1's prior to being the sub V GC and the question remains had lynch not got injured would he have got another look in. That’s the gist of it, anyways Brodders he’s in now and playing well. All the best to him.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What are the AFL thinking? Two Rising Stars nominations for a Tigers player in a month.
Well done Noah for his well deserved nomination not just about his scoring but his tenacity and hardness at the drop of the ball.
They thought we were ratshit so threw the RFC a couple of Maccas awards.

We then beat the Bears and are still alive, there wont be another one for some time :))

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ok I don't know about lambsy being bitter about dimma getting the job over Hinkley. But that was 13 years ago surely 3 premierships later he's no longer bitter.
Lamby is still bitter. very bitter. Not just about Hinkley, but Hardwick was also responsible for trading Andy Collins, then not playing McBean. I think Hardwick still needs a couple more premierships to make up for that!

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Well done Noah. I noticed Dimmac starting to rewrite history saying Noah was always a beast but needed to work on a few things when av journalist followed up along what exactly Cumberland had to do Hardwick had his mouth open catching flies . I wonder which of the things that have been apparent Noah learnt from Dimma and the coaches. The long kicking, the speed, the one touch, the lateral movement, the goal sense. The inside out dribbler, the best everyone to the ball and snap over his right shoulder. And v we haven't seen at AFL level the outrageous high marking he's down at v the most level. And to think it was an accident. Lynch doesn't get injured Noah goes back to the twos and is probably delisted years end.
Which round would you have brought Cumberland in?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
"They're incredible players and even better people".....wow. Any other team able to match this?

Feb 25, 2007
Round 20: Latitude Player of the Match
No-ah surprises here...
As voted by you, Noah Cumberland is the Latitude Player of the Match for Round 20

cumbers.jpg

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

This is PRE mate we don't take kindly to logic and evidence.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hah hah hah… called Mr Magoo “Thommo” on AFL 360 tonight. Magoo not impressed ! Heh heh heh …

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hah hah hah… called Mr Magoo “Thommo” on AFL 360 tonight. Magoo not impressed ! Heh heh heh …
Geez this bloke can't resist asking about Duz every time. It's like a father desperately searching for a lost son....

I loved Jack's stern face when asked.

Reactions: 1 users