Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Did a couple of good things when he came on but was lucky he didn't cost us the game too. The Gulden goal with two minutes to go came from a Sydney kick out. Gulden got to the forward pocket all on his own as Banks was crossing the 50 going at about 70%. He was level with Nank. Fat side winger. Had to bust a gut to get down there. And was very lucky not to be pinged when he dived on it in the last minute. Mansell probably saved him there.

A fair bit to work on for Sam.
How he wasnt pinged! Big big let off

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Some calling for Banks to be dropped?

Sat on the pine for two hours.
Subbed on in a pressure cooker with less than five minutes to go.

Had five disposals 3 kicks & 2 handballs at 80%, 2 contested.
2 intercepts.
1 mark.
1 tackle.
6 pressure acts.

Halved a crucial play.

This is what I would hope for from an experienced subbed player (Picket, McIntosh) not a young guy not even sure if he deserves to be there yet.

By comparison, Sonsie had 9 possessions for the entire game, with none in the whole last quarter.
Not bagging Sonsie, just asking what more would you expect Banks to contribute?

Reactions: 7 users

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
How he wasnt pinged! Big big let off
Mansell definitely saved him…. He needs to keep his feet and I’m sure he’ll get that feedback and work hard to remedy. I hope it’s just inexperience and not a lack of pace that you so often see in ageing players when they too readily go to ground. I’m not writing him off… still developing.

Reactions: 1 user