Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Banks is the most confident 18yr old I’ve ever met. And in a humble not cocky way.
Had literally no preseason and only joined the main group 2 weeks before the start of the season. Only played half a game in round 1.
And I can tell you first hand Dimma loves the kid.
Has all the tools and the drive to be the best he can be.
He’s a 200 game player. Put that in your diaries
Done . Which other of our 2021 draftees should I diarise for 200 games?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Done . Which other of our 2021 draftees should I diarise for 200 games?
I don't recall ever being so bullish about ALL of our draftees in a year. Usually, I'm bullish about 1 or 2, hope another 1 or 2 turn out and am pessimistic about the rest. This year, all of our draftees have obvious footy nous with some key weapons. Banks is the least of my expectations but DA has locked him away for 200 games so that's good enough for me!

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Banks is the most confident 18yr old I’ve ever met. And in a humble not cocky way.
Had literally no preseason and only joined the main group 2 weeks before the start of the season. Only played half a game in round 1.
And I can tell you first hand Dimma loves the kid.
Has all the tools and the drive to be the best he can be.
He’s a 200 game player. Put that in your diaries
I'm very disappointed he won't make it to 250 games.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I've got Clarke down for 300. Will play until he's 35.
So your saying we’ll be right where we are now in 15 years time? Carrying a bunch of multi-premiership winning players through one season too many. When will this club learn?!?!?

At least assure me Geelong still haven’t progressed past a prelim final in that time?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I don't recall ever being so bullish about ALL of our draftees in a year. Usually, I'm bullish about 1 or 2, hope another 1 or 2 turn out and am pessimistic about the rest. This year, all of our draftees have obvious footy nous with some key weapons. Banks is the least of my expectations but DA has locked him away for 200 games so that's good enough for me!
Surely you remember 2004.:oops:

2004-AFL-Draft.jpg

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Lids 243 games
Tambling 108
Meyer 17
Pattison 61
Polo 56
Mcguane 105
Limbach 0
Graham 20
Knobel 21
Thursfield 77
Simmonds 93

Quantity wise we did well out of the 2004 drafts & trade, quality wise not so sure.

Reactions: 5 users