Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What he does he does well but 4 possessions on the back of a heap of midfield exposure wasn't enough. Hit the pre season hard young fella.

Yep, lots of weights work and he'll come back a different player next year, very sleight build at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Had a taste but now it’s time to make way for the experienced players.

Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Enough now, got a couple of games experience. Couldn’t grab his opportunity this time around. Will get another crack next year.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Got a taste of it. That will serve him well as motivation over pre season. Has the tools, just needs to work on the strength and endurance

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Was expecting more tbh. Showed much more during the preseason games.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Showed a photo of Dow yesterday in Herald Sun. Gee he looked totally ripped for a young bloke.. Obviously been doing a lot of work in the gym. Have high hopes for him and Ross getting good game time next year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Showed a photo of Dow yesterday in Herald Sun. Gee he looked totally ripped for a young bloke.. Obviously been doing a lot of work in the gym. Have high hopes for him and Ross getting good game time next year.

Quality.
He will be a regular in 2022.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Same, but just can't see who they replace

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Same, but just can't see who they replace
Form and injuries will always open the door for the youngsters to get a few games each season, youngsters just need to ensure they are in a bit of decent form when the door cracks open.
Might also be an extremely wise investment in future to rest an older player or two ( especially if they're carrying a minor niggle ) in 2021.
We're looking at going back to a full 22 round season of full length games on the back of a very late finish to 2020. There's also a much shorter pre season this year. Plus there's an accumulative factor of us having played extra games ( finals ) over the last few years, extra wear n tear on the bodies.

We've done brilliantly the last couple of years managing the injury returns of our core senior players to have them prime late in the season. Hopefully we can be just as brilliant in still progressing the youngsters up to core seniors as the older players start to phase out.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think our captain, Edwards will play fewer games this year the young guns will replace them. I believe its necessary to give them game time.
I agree. I think guys like Edwards, Houli, even Cotch and Lambert will be rotated in and out more often due to their age and repetitive injury risk giving opportunities to those that take their chances. Once they're in anything can happen. Injuries as well. Some of these young guys have to be given games to boost their progress. Tigers showed this year we can cover players with the younger brigade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users