Welcome to Punt Road End | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Punt Road End

Weasel Johnson Jnr

Tiger Cub
Sep 25, 2013
Hello to all Tigers' supporters. I live in Newcastle now, but grew up in Richmond's old country zone of Sunraysia. Hopefully, the tide is finally turning for our great club. I promise to keep all comments reasonable and rational. Many youngsters have no idea of what a successful Richmond brings to the competition. It's been so long, I can't blame them for that. Cheers!

StandUpSonandheDid

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
USA
hey All, I've been reading this forum for close to a year, thought i would join up in case i wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. Tigers fan living abroad in the USA here. GO Tigers 2014!!

E

easy_tiger

Hi everyone. My name's easy,tiger and im a born again poster, just out of the big house, thanks to a small act of kindness.

I love connor menadue, rosy, the italian deli in Sunshine and zen meditation. :wavey

Italian Tiger

Tiger Cub
Jun 1, 2016
Hi Tigers! Long time Tiger tragic, new to forum! Can't wait to become part of the conversation!

Few points of interest:
- fav player ever: Rioli (not Daniel ... yet)
- fav moment: making the finals in 2014
- number on back in 80s: 29 of course
- number on back now: 15, always loved Knightsy

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
easy said:
Hi everyone. My name's easy,tiger and im a born again poster, just out of the big house, thanks to a small act of kindness.

I love connor menadue, rosy, the italian deli in Sunshine and zen meditation. :wavey

Italian Tiger said:
Hi Tigers! Long time Tiger tragic, new to forum! Can't wait to become part of the conversation!

Few points of interest:
- fav player ever: Rioli (not Daniel ... yet)
- fav moment: making the finals in 2014
- number on back in 80s: 29 of course
- number on back now: 15, always loved Knightsy

Welcome aboard fellas. Good luck.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Hi everyone
i've been a long time reader but never posted. So now its time to do something about that.
Favourite of all time is Richo, childhood favourite was Michael Roach, and currently its the Prince Rioli. Although butlers wheels is getting me out of the seat.
Grew up in Melbourne, played at an ammo club and did stints on the committee there. Now overseas in France so no live games.
First game was Bartlett's 400th, loudest was the elim final in 2013
thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts
Andy

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigerdell said:
Hi everyone
i've been a long time reader but never posted. So now its time to do something about that.
Favourite of all time is Richo, childhood favourite was Michael Roach, and currently its the Prince Rioli. Although butlers wheels is getting me out of the seat.
Grew up in Melbourne, played at an ammo club and did stints on the committee there. Now overseas in France so no live games.
Andy

G'day tigerdell/Andy. Welcome aboard

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
tigerdell said:
Hi everyone
Andy
Welcome Andy. France hey? I'm planning another visit there. Was there late '13.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hi Everyone
Thought I should introduce myself.
My story is probably quite typical. Richmond supporter as a kid in the 1970s (we moved to Melbourne in early 1974 although Richmond were my VFL team before we came from Perth - there I am a Subiaco supporter, great when we won our first premiership in 49 years in 1973). Having lived in Melbourne most of my life and born here, Richmond is my team although I do still follow what Subiaco are up to, a less adequate result in their Grand Final.
Was a member in the mid to late 1970s as a kid. $5 for a season ticket from memory, I was paying for this myself. Went to a few Grand Finals, culminating in 1980 which was a wonderful game.
Unfortunately I could not afford adult membership after 1980 so I drifted away from interest in football. Other things to occupy me in my teens too!
I still remember watching the 1982 Grand Final, what a horrible experience.
The turmoil and overturning coaches in the 1980s and 1990s was very frustrating and probably didn't help my interest in footy. Many things were frustrating but the one that I still will never understand was losing Tom Hafey - a better coach it would be very hard to find - I think the rot started with that.
But at least in the early 2000s we were letting coaches run their 5 year contracts, for example, Wheeler may not have delivered the promised land, but he was at least given 5 years not 1 or 2. I thought this was a good sign and seeing Richmond at least not sacking coaches every other year was a sign that things were getting better.
Been to a few games over the years, but 2017 was a revelation. I remember the game against Hawthorn and could not believe the pressure coming from Richmond, something I had not seen for decades.
Then the 2017 finals began. We were playing well against Geelong, and they drew level in the third quarter. This was critical: what would happen next? We never let them take the lead and won convincingly. This was a turning point, I knew we were a seriously good team then.
Before the Preliminary Final I was considering the 4 teams left. Adelaide were a given to make the Grand Final and to go in as favourites. It occurred to me in the week prior to the Preliminary Finals that of the 3 teams left, it was Richmond who were the most likely to have a chance of beating Adelaide. Quite a strange thought after so many years of disappointment.
I have made sure my daughter is a Richmond supporter but slim pickings for her until this year. We made the Grand Final and managed to get tickets for Punt Rd on the day. So, decision time, should we buy 2018 memberships? I thought, this decision needs to be made before the game. The team had done more than we had hoped for just by making the last Saturday in September, so we joined before the game.
Then we won the bloody thing! Wow, so many years of frustration, and when I was a kid we just expected to win flags. So happy to be a Richmond supporter, so grateful the club saw fit to show faith in Hardwick.
Anyway, that's my story, I now intend to stay a member, apart from anything else I earn a lot more than when I turned 15. Hopefully also contribute to the discussions here.

Go Tiges

In Victory we Thrive, Eat 'Em Alive :D

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
tigertim said:
Welcome Andy. France hey? I'm planning another visit there. Was there late '13.

hi Tim. sorry for the late reply. did you make it to france?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
tigerdell said:
hi Tim. sorry for the late reply. did you make it to france?
Unfortunately not, we ended up going to the US but I’m still trying to get back to France!

Had a brilliant time there in late ‘13 when we stayed in Montmartre in Paris then Lyon and Nice.