Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Mr Invisble
Cant believe he comes straight back in. He was *smile* before he got injured.
The more games he gets the more chance we are of losing.
He will look good at Essendon

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Like much of what Shorty brings. His foot skills are no doubt elite. However I still can’t quite get last years finals series out of my head.
Yesterday he was ok. Not outstanding, ok. Personally Egg caught my eye far more.
Is Jayden the one who gets squeezed out of the 22 or is it an aging Houli? I’m still to be convinced both play in the same side.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Like much of what Shorty brings. His foot skills are no doubt elite. However I still can’t quite get last years finals series out of my head.
Yesterday he was ok. Not outstanding, ok. Personally Egg caught my eye far more.
Is Jayden the one who gets squeezed out of the 22 or is it an aging Houli? I’m still to be convinced both play in the same side.

Personally I don't like both Jayden and Bash in the defensive 50, I never have .

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I'm sticking with my high, almost wing hff plan.... that would give oppo something to really think about.... how far will this guy kick... can't block a hole, he'll just drill it over me....

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Shorty needs to be able to improve his one on one contesting otherwise he will be like an ashtray on a motorbike .

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Shorty needs to be able to improve his one on one contesting otherwise he will be like an ashtray on a motorbike .

2 games in a row he hasn't made a single tackle. Guess who else had 0 zero tackles??
What's hardwick doing?
If he plays on Greene, Greene will kick 5

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

I am a fan Oldie but he was ordinary. Some of hos short passes diabolical. Gets cut some slack because of long lay off but needs to spark up soon.

Eggy looked great but it was against a very young opposition. I agree that it should be either Houli or Short or perhaps neither if Eggy prospers

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
2 games in a row he hasn't made a single tackle. Guess who else had 0 zero tackles??
What's hardwick doing?
If he plays on Greene, Greene will kick 5

Maybe he's not hitting tackles hard enough because of his elbow, and if that's the case he shouldn't be playing.

He's hasn't really been a good tackler or contested player prior to the injury anyway so its hard to tell.

Let him get confidence in his arm in the VFL, if it is an issue.

Had a few opponents walk through him the past 2 games and cost a couple of goals against St Kilda by not sticking tackles and making token attempts.

I don't like him in defence tbh, and I don't like he and Houli there at the same time either.

Last edited:

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
With a full list available, I would like to think Short is outside the best 22.
And if that's the case, the Tigers are doing okay.

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
Plays his role well. Works well with others. They look to get the ball in his hands. U don't won't to rely on astbury and broad distributing the ball out of the back line all the time.

Let's have 1 x Dave astbury, 2 x Duncan kellaway's and 2 x daren *smile*'s and see how we go getting the ball up the ground.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Bit rusty but should improve.

I like Short. I like Short and Houli in the same team.

It means the following things:

1) Stack can play mid / forward

2) Ellis and KMac can run deeper into the wings and provide more extension to our transfer of play

3) part of the art of playing at the G is using 40 m darts into the width of the ground and capitalise on pace and forward momentum. With short and Houli on board, we have several precise kicks who can break lines. Bash, Jayden, Bolton, Stack, dusty, even Egg.

Yes, we’ve only played the saints and suns, but we are improving at a rapid rate and I believe it’s no coincidence that we now have dynamic kicks on every line.

Reactions: 1 users