Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Did any of you “experts” happen to notice who kicked the ball exactly where it needed to be for the JR8 magic tap-on to Dusty?

Or a similar perfect kick to Lynch for his last goal, basically sealing the win for us?

No, I didn’t think so!

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah he did some good things too. He'll play next week so hope he does well.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Shortys trajectory has been like ivans the last month

And he started off a high base.

Fully earnt a crack at immortality

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Did any of you “experts” happen to notice who kicked the ball exactly where it needed to be for the JR8 magic tap-on to Dusty?

Or a similar perfect kick to Lynch for his last goal, basically sealing the win for us?

No, I didn’t think so!

Actually thought the Reiwoldt one was a bad kick. It was 3 on 1 and just plonked high in the air. Only some Jack magic turned that into a goal. The kick to Lynch was good. Thought he did pretty well overall.

Reactions: 1 user

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Actually thought the Reiwoldt one was a bad kick. It was 3 on 1 and just plonked high in the air. Only some Jack magic turned that into a goal. The kick to Lynch was good. Thought he did pretty well overall.
Sheesh!
It was to the perfect spot with the right elevation. Enabled Jack to do what he does best..... contest!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Sheesh!
It was to the perfect spot with the right elevation. Enabled Jack to do what he does best..... contest!

Rubbish watch the replay. It was a 3 on 1 contest and not to advantage. A bit of Reiwoldt magic turned nothing into something. Was the most brilliant play of the night imo.

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Dream on!

It was Jack v 3 defenders. So you need to put it to the spot which best suits Jack. It was perfect play by Short(long kick from centre square edge to Jack(in perfect spot to contest), him to get perfect tap to running Dusty.... who nailed it.

I’m sick of players kicking it out to the boundary line. Why do it when we have one of the best all-time contested markers in JR8?

Prestia delivers it beautifully. Short can and should do it more often.

362D1F63-B0E5-494F-B9B9-C9A83C7A8D01.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012

No, I didn’t think so!

Wow, hit two targets, that proves he's an elite kick!! Also saw him shank a few but an expert like you wouldn't have noticed that.
Wish him the best but I reckon theres about 5 blokes in the 2's that should be playing saturday before him.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Also the only two players with worse disposal efficiency on the ground was jack graham, who's barely seen a clean ball in his life and JR who had an absolute shocker with the ball in hand.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Don't get me wrong I love him cos he wears a black and yellow jumper, but why all the *smile* excuses for him? I trust the MC but i couldn't even hazard a guess as to what he brings.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dream on!

It was Jack v 3 defenders. So you need to put it to the spot which best suits Jack. It was perfect play by Short(long kick from centre square edge to Jack(in perfect spot to contest), him to get perfect tap to running Dusty.... who nailed it.

I’m sick of players kicking it out to the boundary line. Why do it when we have one of the best all-time contested markers in JR8?

Prestia delivers it beautifully. Short can and should do it more often.

View attachment 9017

No you should never put it to a 3 on 1. Came off. As I said pure Reiwoldt magic, nothing to do with Short's long but ill-placed kick. Personally I am not concerned about one instance. I think Short could certainly be a bit more selective with his long kicking but there is no doubt his line breaking runs and long kicks are important. He was 15th for metres gained this year with 467 per game. Interestingly he was only 2nd best Tiger. Houli was 7th and averaged 489. We had 4 players in the top 20. Prestia and Dusty were 17th/18th. Epitomises our game plan.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think he's shown slow improvement over the last ten weeks. Occasionally delivry is excellent, occasionally shyte. Seems a bit more willing to carry the ball and try to beat the man and also attack on the man/ball is better, although still hesitant at times. Has kicked the odd long goal or great long balls into forward 50, which is where I think Dimma sees the potential.

Comparing him with Houli right now is chalk and cheese. Houli just begs to get involved, runs all day like a lunatic, always there for a handball recieve and shows no fear. His disposal has been pretty good by his standards too.

Nevertheless he might have a big part to play on Saturday. Good luck shorty.

Reactions: 4 users