Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think he's shown slow improvement over the last ten weeks. Occasionally delivry is excellent, occasionally shyte. Seems a bit more willing to carry the ball and try to beat the man and also attack on the man/ball is better, although still hesitant at times. Has kicked the odd long goal or great long balls into forward 50, which is where I think Dimma sees the potential.

Comparing him with Houli right now is chalk and cheese. Houli just begs to get involved, runs all day like a lunatic, always there for a handball recieve and shows no fear. His disposal has been pretty good by his standards too.

Nevertheless he might have a big part to play on Saturday. Good luck shorty.
I agree with everything you say here.

C'mon Shorty!

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I agree with everything you say here.

C'mon Shorty!

Also as the game went on I thought he improved the second half did Get Shorty.

Best finals game!

Would be fitting to win one this year as he missed out in 17 after playing 17 in a row.

Got to back his pace & kicking especially if they decide to tag Houli Douli.

Reactions: 1 users

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
No you should never put it to a 3 on 1. Came off. As I said pure Reiwoldt magic, nothing to do with Short's long but ill-placed kick.
We’ll have to agree to disagree then!

Jack could easily have marked it. Normally it would then be a certain 6 points but with his confidence down he chose the tap on instead.

If he had then everyone would be applauding Short for a long high kick to the perfect spot.

What annoys we about some Tiger supporters is that even after 12 straight wins they still can’t resist sniping our own players.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
We’ll have to agree to disagree then!

Jack could easily have marked it. Normally it would then be a certain 6 points but with his confidence down he chose the tap on instead.

If he had then everyone would be applauding Short for a long high kick to the perfect spot.

What annoys we about some Tiger supporters is that even after 12 straight wins they still can’t resist sniping our own players.

Thought that was Get Shorty's best finals game.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The loose ball gather in traffic in the the third and handball back over the shoulder to Bash that started our best passage of play was glamour. My boy got it in spades. Stood Greene at times, stood Josh Kelly and was sound. Tops off a very good finals series.

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Laid some really good tackles too which he isn’t renown for.

Rapt for him.
Missed 17, got his 19 one.

Will improve even more.
People forget he had a serious injury and was out for what 8-10 weeks?

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
His willingness to get involved in the physical side of the game improved as the finals went on. Credit to him. Well done, lad.

Reactions: 7 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Well done Shorty and well done MC. Having Shorty Baker and Bash run it out of defence gave us quite a different look and much more variety.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Shorty didnt put a foot wrong at the big dance.

Stoked hes got a medal and proved me very wrong

Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
its a good story the Shorty one. good on him. and he looked rapt afterwards.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
All of the above in terms of his overall game and his deserving of being in the team - but he did deliver a couple of classic helicopter drop punts after taking the hand pass and having plenty of time to deliver a long direct kick (running away from the PRE goals). It obviously didn’t matter given the state of the game but for a bloke with his skills it was a bit sloppy.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The loose ball gather in traffic in the the third and handball back over the shoulder to Bash that started our best passage of play was glamour. My boy got it in spades. Stood Greene at times, stood Josh Kelly and was sound. Tops off a very good finals series.

very good. IMO has been building steadily since the 3rd Q of the west coast game, something clicked in the rain that day, then has built rapidly over the last 2 games, amazing. Top game, a Richmond man's game.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Shorty didnt put a foot wrong at the big dance.

Stoked hes got a medal and proved me very wrong

Look like he didn’t put a foot wrong during celebration time either.

Dancing like John Travolta

• Love