Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Read the other day when you win the metered gained stat you win 88% of the time.

That franks this blokes value again. Needs to aim at getting 20-24 times to take the next step.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Read the other day when you win the metered gained stat you win 88% of the time.

That franks this blokes value again. Needs to aim at getting 20-24 times to take the next step.

Bodes well for Houli who had the highest average metres gained per game in 2019. Short wasn't far behind just ahead of Dusty and Prestia and then daylight to Cotchin in 5th. For total metres gained by team, Tigers were on top but Port Power, Bulldogs, Swans, Bombers & Crows were all in the top 7. Eagles and Magpies were 2nd and 3rd last. So not completely sure about the total importance of that stat. I think for the Tigers the stat that really helps in this area is forward handballs where we are streets ahead of the next team.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012

I reckon that's more correlation than causation.

If you're scoring more than the opposition, it's pretty likely you've moved the ball forward more than the opposition, because forward is where the goals are.

It doesn't mean that kicking the ball forward as long as possible causes more scores than the opposition.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm on record as being a Short fan, it doesn't matter what we think though, it's what the coaches think. After missing the best part of half the season with his elbow he didn't play VFL, he was brought straight back in, a fair indication of how highly the coaches rate him.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Bodes well for Houli who had the highest average metres gained per game in 2019. Short wasn't far behind just ahead of Dusty and Prestia and then daylight to Cotchin in 5th. For total metres gained by team, Tigers were on top but Port Power, Bulldogs, Swans, Bombers & Crows were all in the top 7. Eagles and Magpies were 2nd and 3rd last. So not completely sure about the total importance of that stat. I think for the Tigers the stat that really helps in this area is forward handballs where we are streets ahead of the next team.

Cotchin has his own column where we count the times he has gone in hard and got a fingernail on the ball and stopped the opposition getting any meters again. The guy is a freak at the contested ball

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The GF was on again Xmas day.
Just sitting watching the game again without the excitement.
Short had more turnovers and kicking issues then the entire GWS backline.
Was he wearing his Crosby's??

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So sad. But he will not doubt hold the family pic with his old man and him.with his premiership medal as a treasured memory forever.

RIP Mr Short

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
RIP Mr Short, and sincerest condolences to the Short family.

I truly hope you find some peace knowing "the old man" is at rest, no longer having to battle or be in pain.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I saw that on instagram yesterday ,

and then last night on you tube on recommended videos , was roaming brian after the prelim, hadnt seen it before so clicked on it and watched ,

And there was shortys dad with Jayden in the rooms, poor bugger didnt look too well, but he was smiling

RIP

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm so glad that Jayden's dad was able to see his son play in the Premiership before he passed away. It must have been such a proud moment for him to see he son achieve the ultimate success.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can struggle with the aerial match up as we saw again yesterday.
Has a lot of strengths Shorty & I'm a big fan but still a little suspect defensively.
Can we play all of Stack, Baker & Short in defence??

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Has a lot of strengths Shorty & I'm a big fan but still a little suspect defensively.

And Houli. Nope not sure we can. Mind you it would be pretty much a fulll-time rotation between the 4. Thought Short was caught out a lot actually

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think all 3 can play up the ground more, however I trust Stack and Baker in one on ones more when caught out deep

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Kicking was superb yesterday. Weapon. Baker is a link man but his kicking is loopy.