Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

French Tiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
B & F in a premiership year with a team full of stars.

Absolutely stoked for him. Brilliant achievement.

Reactions: 3 users

French Tiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
Didn’t get to hear his speech last night.
Just heard it this morning and I got quite emotional. Teared up as it brought memories back for me.
I feel bad that I couldn’t remember him losing his bad.

Just makes his win more courageous.
Yep spot on.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Always loved Shorty, so happy for you dude. MY MAN

Spooker - love your *smile*, you are a legend. we’re all wrong sometimes. (Ahem, McBean)

Coburg - bro, we disagree on occasion but we are Short brothers. A prestigious club to be in!

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So proud of Shorty.

Has always had the skill and attacking flair. But this year he has really added a strong defensive side to his game. This was shown in his highlights. Plenty of heavy tackles and intercept marks

• Love

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Shorty has been a gun from day 1.

Some of the old posts calling him soft came AFTER he dislocated his elbow, AND THEN tried to slap away the ball to save a goal.

He's improved defensively, definitely. But it was obvious he would. Of course a young player improves. But has been an automatic selection for three years.

And is an absolute weapon with his cleanliness, creativity, skills and decision making. Which have always been A grade.

Is now a best and fairest in a premiership year.

And your 'old posts' had him dropped on at least three occasions this year.

Shorty is now a legend of the club. All the haters can stick that in their pipes!
Nope. Not once this year did I call for him to be dropped.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
You're kidding aren't you?

Short? There's an argument he's been our outright best player all year.

In 2020 at Richmond he is:

Number 1 for disposals.
Number 1 for kicks
Number 1 for marks
Number 1 for disposal efficiency
Number 1 for metres gained
Number 6 for contested possessions (only behind midfielders and equal with Baker)

He's playing as an attacking defender. And doing extremely well. Dropping him would be about as sensible as dropping Dusty.

Not a credible one. He's improved, but come on.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Ok, once. Now be balanced and dig up all my complimentary posts about him this year, they're easier to find.

Orhwrwise you're just being petty and personal, which I don't appreciate.

Fine I'll give it in.

To your credit, you did comment on his improvement in almost every post this year. Just took a while for it to come without an accompanying insult.

And to be fair to you, you weren't alone in being critical. Most here agreed with you. You just happened to be the most vocal. Which is why it comes back to you I guess.

If Castagna ever wins a b&f (hahaha) in a premiership year, I'll have to cop my whack too.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Fine I'll give it in.

To your credit, you did comment on his improvement in almost every post this year. Just took a while for it to come without an accompanying insult.

And to be fair to you, you weren't alone in being critical. Most here agreed with you. You just happened to be the most vocal. Which is why it comes back to you I guess.

If Castagna ever wins a b&f (hahaha) in a premiership year, I'll have to cop my whack too.
There were a lot of backhanded compliments from posters throughout this season for Shorty. People obviously form an opinion on players and then find it hard to see them otherwise. Kmac is in the same boat.

The comments about Short on here remind me of people's opinions on Houli and Grigg that eventually changed. At 24yo with a B&F under his belt, hopefully the opinion of Short now changes for the better here on in for some people.

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
What an amazing accomplishment.
I remember watching him live in a particular game sometime over the past 2 years and fell in love with his kicking. It looked more skilful and impactful at the ground than it did on TV. I came on here after the game and saw agreement about his poor kicking that day. I still don’t know what it is, but once you see it you can’t un-see it. Gun.

Btw Houli and Short are both prime examples of young outside runners who became more well-rounded over the years. Both ended up being dominant in Grand Finals. Did they always have a certain something? Was it the way they were coached?

What separates Houli/Short from all the other outside kickers with similar builds who never really develop like they did?

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What an amazing accomplishment.
I remember watching him live in a particular game sometime over the past 2 years and fell in love with his kicking. It looked more skilful and impactful at the ground than it did on TV. I came on here after the game and saw agreement about his poor kicking that day. I still don’t know what it is, but once you see it you can’t un-see it. Gun.

Btw Houli and Short are both prime examples of young outside runners who became more well-rounded over the years. Both ended up being dominant in Grand Finals. Did they always have a certain something? Was it the way they were coached?

What separates Houli/Short from all the other outside kickers with similar builds who never really develop like they did?

I think the Richmond development environment helps - credit to coaching staff who saw what Short could become and perservered, even when some aspects of his game were not as good as his other qualities.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Shorty has been a gun from day 1.

Now that's a stretch. Dropped in 2017 before the finals. One top ten finish in the B&F before this year. An average previous finals performance history, including some notably poor efforts in the 2018 prelim. But, he turned it around. He worked hard on his game. Its a great achievement but lets not have a history re-write. Its a super story of improvement and persistence in the face of adversity. To perform like he has after what he has gone through shows great courage.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I dont read game day threads, i will sometimes try to find posts from the when the game ends.
I would rather be positive when watching a game.

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
I love the improvement in some of our “lesser lights”
ie Short, Bolton, MacIntosh, Baker, Balta
Plus a few of our established players didn’t have big seasons ie Rioli, Castagna. They’ll need to lift otherwise they’ll find themselves under the gun from our newbies.

Good to see there is competition and pressure for players to improve.