Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Had a great season and a great grand final ,

With vlastun out and houli wounded , i thought he really stepped up on saturday and seemed to take on more responsibility , our list just gets better and better

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Now that's a stretch. Dropped in 2017 before the finals. One top ten finish in the B&F before this year. An average previous finals performance history, including some notably poor efforts in the 2018 prelim. But, he turned it around. He worked hard on his game. Its a great achievement but lets not have a history re-write. Its a super story of improvement and persistence in the face of adversity. To perform like he has after what he has gone through shows great courage.

He was a kid in 2017, and we had a premiership team. Hard to get a guernsey, even if you're a gun kid.

He hasn't turned anything around, he's just improved from good to very good as he's matured. Still only 24.

Dusty was a gun from day 1, but still had deficiencies and gaps early which he's steadily improved on.

Just didn't have the same level of hate levelled at him.

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I really miss people saying "season over" when we are ten points down in the second quarter of a H&A game in round 4

I'll try and remember that so I can oblige with the pessimistic post before we power away and win the first 4 games of the season.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010
What an amazing accomplishment.
I remember watching him live in a particular game sometime over the past 2 years and fell in love with his kicking. It looked more skilful and impactful at the ground than it did on TV. I came on here after the game and saw agreement about his poor kicking that day. I still don’t know what it is, but once you see it you can’t un-see it. Gun.

I remember being on the fence at Port Melbourne in the 2017 VFL prelim and Short hit a 55M missile to a player standing less than 10 meters from me. It was an astonishingly sweet hit and the player, Conca I think, didn't have to move an inch. Very impressive.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I remember being on the fence at Port Melbourne in the 2017 VFL prelim and Short hit a 55M missile to a player standing less than 10 meters from me. It was an astonishingly sweet hit and the player, Conca I think, didn't have to move an inch. Very impressive.
he has vastly improved each year he has been at the club. Congratulations!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I really miss people saying "season over" when we are ten points down in the second quarter of a H&A game in round 4
Not the “lost it at the selection table” mob on a Thursday night?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Ist in AFL in kicks
Ist in AFL for metres gained
1st in AFL for bounces
4th in AFL for rebound 50s
5th in AFL for effective disposals
6th in AFL for marks

Omitted from AA squad....Priceless!!

Byrne Jones doesn't crack top 10 in any stat. His claim to fame is no 15 in total intercepts:(

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Ist in AFL in kicks
Ist in AFL for metres gained
1st in AFL for bounces
4th in AFL for rebound 50s
5th in AFL for effective disposals
6th in AFL for marks

Omitted from AA squad....Priceless!!

Byrne Jones doesn't crack top 10 in any stat. His claim to fame is no 15 in total intercepts:(

It is unbelievable when you look at it.... and then there is Vlas.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Geelong supporters didn't think much of Corey Enright early. He made the AA squad seven times, first as a 26yo. Short is only 24. Would be good if...

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As others have mentioned, I loved his tackle on Blicavs, especially his......you'll get up when I let you up!!!!

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Just didn't have the same level of hate levelled at him.
Hate?

And are you suggesting dusty has some level of hate directed at him?

We all get passionate about the club/team etc but not sure hate is the right word to describe the criticism that almost all of us level at various players. I mean I would never suggest that you level hate at george despite the constant negativity of your posts towards him.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
As has been mentioned, I loved his tackle on Blicavs, especially his......you'll get up when I let you up!!!!
Yeh, it was great. And an example of his improvement in this area - in the past he was more like a turnstile with his tackling. And Bl;cavs is a big man and it was a big moment that kept the momentum our way.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Rookie
Sep 23, 2015
Standing at the G, at the 2017 Prelim and a Cats supporter makes some wise crack about we'd be nothing without Houli, or something similar. I turn to him and say, we'll be right, Jayden Short's a good player, he'll be good cover for Houli when he retires. He says "Short.........Short, who the *smile* is he? Jayden Short..............get *smiled*" I replied, don't worry mate, you will! Now, I'm sure that knob doesn't remember the conversation, but I do, and only if I could say "Told ya, *smile* stick!"

• Love

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What an effort. Congratulations
Top class speech.
B&F in a premiership year, unbelievable

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Hate?

And are you suggesting dusty has some level of hate directed at him?

We all get passionate about the club/team etc but not sure hate is the right word to describe the criticism that almost all of us level at various players. I mean I would never suggest that you level hate at george despite the constant negativity of your posts towards him.

There was a real level of personal insult delivered at Shorty.