Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has been playing that lazy soft footy again this season maybe that B and F gone to his head.

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Having zero impact. And Bachar been even worse. Our half backs are usually a massive strength but struggling so far

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Has been playing that lazy soft footy again this season maybe that B and F gone to his head.
He isn't made for the one on one man marking.
He is meant to be our distributor coming out of D50.
He hasn't been doing it this year

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Is it because oppo is putting more work into him?

You'd think the way the game is being played now he'd be taking his game to another level but it's just not happening for him.

Another who definitely needs to lift.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Was putrid. Ran to horrible positions to get handballs. Shocking.
He's been doing that all year. A Richmond defender will have the ball at say, left half-back, and Short will run past on his outside. Now he's even wider, and ends up making the same kick the other bloke could have done down the line, only he's gained a stat, wasted a few seconds and left us with two blokes on the same spot and no one where we could have had another option. Our backs are generally good kicks. Short needs to trust them and make himself an option in an offensive position - eg. if Broad has it at HB, present at the inboard 45, because then the field opens up if he gets it.

The other thing shitting me with Short is his kick-ins. Has anyone noticed this Dawson fella at Sydney? Constantly kicking darts to the advantage side of a teammate one-out in the centre square. Tom Stewart, Zac Tuohy do it too. Short's are predictable and at best 50/50 - long and high to a pack on the wing.

Your man needs to lift.

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I wonder how he would go playing half forward.Could do some damage with his long kicking.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
He's been doing that all year. A Richmond defender will have the ball at say, left half-back, and Short will run past on his outside. Now he's even wider, and ends up making the same kick the other bloke could have done down the line, only he's gained a stat, wasted a few seconds and left us with two blokes on the same spot and no one where we could have had another option. Our backs are generally good kicks. Short needs to trust them and make himself an option in an offensive position - eg. if Broad has it at HB, present at the inboard 45, because then the field opens up if he gets it.

The other thing shitting me with Short is his kick-ins. Has anyone noticed this Dawson fella at Sydney? Constantly kicking darts to the advantage side of a teammate one-out in the centre square. Tom Stewart, Zac Tuohy do it too. Short's are predictable and at best 50/50 - long and high to a pack on the wing.

Your man needs to lift.
I think out kick ins have bee poor all round compared to some other teams.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think out kick ins have bee poor all round compared to some other teams.
Yeh Houli and Short wander in 15m and boot it long to no one in particular. As spook points out Its often to disadvantage.
they keep stats on scores from kick ins I wonder where we stand on thi?

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Yeh Houli and Short wander in 15m and boot it long to no one in particular. As spook points out Its often to disadvantage.
they keep stats on scores from kick ins I wonder where we stand on thi?
Agree that kick in’s have been poor. Don’t understand why we go short into back pocket either or why on occasions we don’t look up the middle & go for one on ones.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agree that kick in’s have been poor. Don’t understand why we go short into back pocket either or why on occasions we don’t look up the middle & go for one on ones.
Spot on. Its always the same.
Look right and then go left long usually to the opposition talls.
For years now we haven't had a player that could take that mark to set us up down the ground.
Its been lets get it to ground and attack at full speed.
Full speed hasn't been working so far this year. So those kicks in especially from Houli are very ordinary

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

Yet how many teams just go the long kick against us straight down the middle & then catch us of guard sometimes resulting in an easy inside 50 for them.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Yet how many teams just go the long kick against us straight down the middle & then catch us of guard sometimes resulting in an easy inside 50 for them.
100% - whole purpose of the rule. Don’t know we look for Jack one out in the centre square. He rarely gets beaten in the air & could propel the ball forward. Waste of time going wide to a pack. Seems like the tactic is just to force a stoppage.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We never seem to go down the guts, just as a bit of variety it would be good. Being too predictable is not a good thing.

DS

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, it's not only Shorty kicking to the boundary and hoping, a lot of kicks from the D50 are bomb and hope to the wing boundary. Have to assume it's to the coaches instruction.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah, it's not only Shorty kicking to the boundary and hoping, a lot of kicks from the D50 are bomb and hope to the wing boundary. Have to assume it's to the coaches instruction.
Yeh, he must have a licence to run and bomb it as far as he can. It's OK when we could bring it to ground and setup behind the ball. Unfortunately the new rules have changed the game and we can't only rely on a front half lock it in game. I'd love to see a little more hitting up of shorter targets. Teams are turning it over and able to pick there way through our zone.

Perhaps finals pressure will see a return to our style but I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

Reactions: 1 users