Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
For Short to kick short there has to be a short option. I've noticed teams are closing this down on us pretty quickly. The long kick to the wing contest is your standard low-risk option when nothing else presents or is too risky.

I have seen more teams going straight up the guts, high risk, high reward. They might be trying to exploit something they are seeing in our central zone on kickouts.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
don't know if he's being tagged but he's not running past and getting the handball receive nearly as much as he usually does

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
don't know if he's being tagged but he's not running past and getting the handball receive nearly as much as he usually does
He's trying but the options are poor like running to boundary side on his left which puts him in a worse position than the original teammate with the ball.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
For Short to kick short there has to be a short option. I've noticed teams are closing this down on us pretty quickly. The long kick to the wing contest is your standard low-risk option when nothing else presents or is too risky.
I'm hoping we're saving something different up for when we're closer to full strength. Sudden shift of gears.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Needs a rocket and needs to lift.

He's been back to his 2017 lazy soft footy, after his B n F obviously lost his intensity.

Needs to get fair dinkum or go for a run in the VFL cos most weeks this season quite frankly he's been a passenger.

Stats padding assisted by kick ins has had him avoiding scrutiny but he's been seemingly coasting all season and hardly impacted games.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm hoping we're saving something different up for when we're closer to full strength. Sudden shift of gears.

Yeah, I reckon this period has been one of a bit of experimentation by necessity, a bit of cat and mouse, a bit of trying the young mids, Baker in midfield etc. We could still spring some surprises - Dimma's a wily old fox these days.

I still think we've done well to be 5-5 with our gun mids out and Lynch playing on one leg to get us through this patch.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Now I’m not getting on the spook tuk tuk, however Shortys numbers have masked his form of late imho. Won’t happen and fair enough , however after his very non Richmond insipid effort early in this game and Some not so great work, I’d give him a week off, needs to lift and Id be prepared to give him a wake up call

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Reverted to type tonight. Poor at the contest, calling for the short ball all night and bombing long to disadvantage. And that 50 was a huge turning point. It was the worst version of short on display tonight. And has been for much of the year.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Worst at taking our kicks out from fullback in the league. Won’t ever go a long attacking option. Is out of form unfortunately.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Some gave him votes. I'd drop him.
Votes? He one armed a pass from Baker when he could have marked with 2 but knew he might get contact. He screamed for cheap short passes all night only to bomb it to no one. You would think he was more interested in his metres gained stats than anything else.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Very 2018 about him. One handed marking attempts, poor defensive efforts and nothing kicks.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Poor nite again, too many times getting it in poor positions.

Numbers won’t look bad but zero impact or hurt factor.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has had a poor season. Kicking it like an old mule and having little offensive impact. Gives us nothing defensively either.

He has a tenuous hold on his place in the team. Really not liking the way he’s playing.