Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez, Shorty's footy at the moment is really doing my head in. Skirting around looking for cheap handballs, then running into trouble or kicking off his non preferred to nowhere. Just hit an hope kicks, very frustrating to watch him.
An elite kick he currently is not.
Yeah I posted similar a few weeks back; really not liking how he is playing this year. If he's gonna play like a sheep dog he needs to be able to kick well and he's not doing that.

He's a long way from his 2020 form that saw him win a B&F in a premiership team. But he has a lot of mates in the same boat unfortunately.

That said he did play better on Sunday; hopefully that continues.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Every team needs a Short. Could be more damaging with the ball but that might be partly due to the structure downfield.

Yep. It's shortie's role to run around the back and get the cheap handball and then deliver accurately upfield. It's not all his fault that our talls get outmarked by theirs every time.

I was a hater on short early days but he's got great worth. Trade? Dunno, depends on if we want to challenge again or full rebuild? I'd keep if the former.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yep. It's shortie's role to run around the back and get the cheap handball and then deliver accurately upfield. It's not all his fault that our talls get outmarked by theirs every time.

I was a hater on short early days but he's got great worth. Trade? Dunno, depends on if we want to challenge again or full rebuild? I'd keep if the former.
He keeps running boundary side and shanking high balls on his left foot. Daniel Rich he ain't.

Thought he was in the best couple though on Sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Attack on the contest has been really good.

Really good last two weeks.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Better than he has been, but still a way off where he was in 2020. Keep trending upward Shorty.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
His bouncing of the ball after a few metres spells panic and selfish. Limits his options and burns teammates as he doesn’t use his vision up the ground. Do it once bring him to the bench. Do it twice we drop him. He must be prepared to lower his eyes and look for the best option.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He was pretty fair tonight, IMO. Still has the genetic problem. Can't kick.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Knockers as usual but I thought he was good. Yeah some of his kicks are too high but he's just about always been like that.