Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
SkillzThatKillz said:
Reminds me a little of Steele Sidebottom.

That's it Skillz couldn't work it out and you hit the nail on the head.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Harry said:
like how he can kick around corners from one step. he's the type that can find small gaps in the forward 50.

Yes great call. If he makes it, we will be less predictable going into the forward line with this skill set.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Had a chat to someone in the know over the weekend.

At the start of 2014, Paul Ahern and Jayden Short were considered on par in the eyes of the recruiting world. Both seen as mercurial types who could do the freakish but couldn't put together consistent football. But Short's 2014 was impacted by a broken jaw. That's the sole reason he didn't make the Vic Metro team. As the year progressed, Short actually had a workman, accumulator year and showed flashes of the brilliance but not as often as Ahern. His 2013 season had more highlights but his 2014 was much more consistent as he moved from a small forward to a onballer. In 2013 he named in the best 5 times. Don't forget that side had Ben Lennon & Marcus Bontempelli in it. The name that was floated to me was that he is very Luke Dahlhaus like and that's the career trajectory.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
One other thing, Short is a leader. He kept the Knights group together, Short is a apprentice tradie and in The TAC system he was the glue amongst the group. Had his license and would pick up lads from train stations and take them to training.
Coaches loved him & so did players.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Really excited about this kid.
Kicks very well with both feet.
Fast.
And has football nous.
Reckon we will need to find two spots on the main list for rookies this year - him and Lambert.

Can anyone who has been to training lately provide a progress report?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
17 said:
Reckon we will need to find two spots on the main list for rookies this year - him and Lambert.

I am with you, 17, on this view.
Could be a couple of very astute selections.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Bullarto Tiger said:
I am with you, 17, on this view.
Could be a couple of very astute selections.

Don't know much about the boy but you would think by re picking Thomas that he would most likely be one & from reports Lambert. Good to hear though the positive comments about him

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Did a bit. Showed he can mix at that level. Clean, sharp and surprisingly hard for his size.

Dat finish too. Long way to go but looking good.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Could eventually be that small forward we're looking for.

Done some nice things and very clean with the pill.

Well done son!