Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Now that's a rose coloured look, you come across a bit like carter trying to explain the nuances of football.

Referencing Short gaining nearly a kilometere as some sort of proof of a great game. Not very scientific.

He's having a good year, but he had a poor kicking game last night IMO. There's more sophisticated stats around that have been posted before showing him very low in score involvements and score launches for the amount of possession he had. (much more important measures than purely metres gained)

I think the move to the midfield is inspired, he is much more effective when he kicks shorter and at specific targets. It was maybe craig on this thread that noted it previously. Reckon he is on to something. I think Short can get carried away with launching it 60m to nowehere when in the backline.

And he shouldn't be taking the ball away from guys shooting from 40m out directly in front. Outside 50 I don't mind it.
You do realise it was raining half the game no , both sides <70% eff so he gets a feee pass for the night ,,,agree in part about not waxing off when teammate lining up 40 out ,,,lambo is a pretty short kick , 45m would max him out

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Had a discussion today about the most elite players in history to not be considered elite by their own supporters.

Short may well top the list.
That settles it.

You've solved the umpire conspiracy theory and the other big one, elite whipping boys of the 21st century.

You should change your username to The Big Anecdotal

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Had a discussion today about the most elite players in history to not be considered elite by their own supporters.

Short may well top the list.
Getting very concerned about the sort of people you're having conversations with TBR. Hanging out with the wrong sort of people can only lead you into troubles in the near future.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Obviously there is a hell of a lot of factors to our 6 wins in 7games , however I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Shorty has had a new role in that time

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Obviously there is a hell of a lot of factors to our 6 wins in 7games , however I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Shorty has had a new role in that time
Short has been solid all year but think the rising form of Vlastuin, Baker, Prestia and Graham after slow starts have more to do with it.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Proverbs 13:20 TM. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise; but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. :help
Never been one for the god bothering type proverbs n you've somewhat confused me so I'll just get you to clarify for me, if you'd be so kind.

When you get yourself here on PRE. Are you walking with the wise men or being a companion of fools??? :peepwall