Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Surprisingly game high 10 tackles. Not sure many had a major impact however, somewhat like his kicking of late (again)

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Jayden Short 20 CBAs for 1 centre clearance. Jack Ross zero tackles. Jayden Short 10.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Our last centre bounce was Ross/Shott Baker I think? Surely a mistake?
Ross missed the critical tackle on Atkins IIRC.
Short should have got a 50 in the last against Hawkins who was in the protected zone at one stage.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Jayden Short 20 CBAs for 1 centre clearance. Jack Ross zero tackles. Jayden Short 10.
Did the wing/half back experiment for Ross help his defensive game? If not we've been unecessarily missing a much needed inside mid for a good 2 seasons

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Did the wing/half back experiment for Ross help his defensive game? If not we've been unecessarily missing a much needed inside mid for a good 2 seasons

Not many inside mids get no tackles, toothless. But Jack Ross did win a big dangerous ground ball last night. A huge improvement imo. Confidence.

Jack plays very outside at VFA level. With increasing polish. And earned his promotion. He'll be playing again. And RFC will keep him on an upward trend.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
So many opportunities to lower the eyes and hit a target but never takes the option.
Throwing it on the boot is so 1980s.
This must be fixed.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Short was already batting too high in the order before Dion was KOed. But two months ago any midfield spot was too high in the order. He's looked a good #4 mid, he might get to #3 at a pinch. He can't bat top 2. At present the only ones who can are Prestia, Cotchin, maybe Bolton, and Fatty Martin if he remembers what the centre square looks like. Ross putting his hand up.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Short was already batting too high in the order before Dion was KOed. But two months ago any midfield spot was too high in the order. He's looked a good #4 mid, he might get to #3 at a pinch. He can't bat top 2. At present the only ones who can are Prestia, Cotchin, maybe Bolton, and Fatty Martin if he remembers what the centre square looks like. Ross putting his hand up.
Martin started to go to the centre square after Riloi's goal. He got as far as CHF and turned around.

Short/Ross/Baker were the 3. I couldn't believe Martin was not in there. Or Shai even. Ross misses the tackle on Atkins and they get the steal.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Martin started to go to the centre square after Riloi's goal. He got as far as CHF and turned around.

Short/Ross/Baker were the 3. I couldn't believe Martin was not in there. Or Shai even. Ross misses the tackle on Atkins and they get the steal.
We're making a lot of mistakes at the moment, Jazz.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

Martin doesn’t defend well either but reads it & wins it as well as anyone. Probably Shai & Dusty should have gone in there.