Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
With Petterd gone for an extended period I think the club should bite the bullet and promote Short off the rookie list. He had 20 odd possessions last week. He is quick and could be that x-factor our forward line is screaming out for. He can't do any worse than Morris.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I reckon it's the only spot at AFL level you might just be able to get away with been a tad light an without a couple of big pre seasons, would be happy to see the lad get a gig soon....I honestly can't remember a gun crumbling small forward since KB played

PJ in Osaka

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 25, 2012
Osaka Japan
I say do it.

Like the song says: we're strong and we're bold.

Time to be bold. Blood a youngster interstate. Pop his cherry in brisvegas. Gabba is a great ground. He'll eat it up

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Not against it as its one of those spots in the side you can throw a youngster in right away. Green, Zorko and Taylor seemed to handle their first years well. Just FFS no Morris in the Fwd line.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Would love to see some bold decisions made at selection. Its not like he'd be doing much less than what Morris has been doing in our forward line. Bite the bullet I say!

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Looked great from the half I saw on Saturday
Wish dimma would get bold at selection table ..but he never does ..so Morris Gordon Grigg newman it is

No short ..or Lemmon..or McDonough

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Harry said:
needs time to bulk up but reckon this kid could be something.
While i agree most first years are light, it isnt always a necessity. Look at Edwards and even that young player at North. Morris has size. A lot of good that does for him.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
PJ in Osaka said:
I say do it.

Like the song says: we're strong and we're bold.

Time to be bold. Blood a youngster interstate. Pop his cherry in brisvegas. Gabba is a great ground. He'll eat it up
been thinking the same over the last week. Need to take a gamble and this kid seem to have what he lack, first time I saw him take possesion of the footy he caught my eye and has been in the back of my mind since.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
Lade was speaking on SEN earlier and said that they were unlikely to elevate any rookies soon. Short, Arnot, Castagna and Thomas ( :eek:) were all mentioned.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
I hope Short is watching the Young Collingwood forwards tonight. When Dimma is gone and the new coach dumps this defensive forward crap, Short my have a career.