Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Great season, Shorty. One of the best achievements in the game nabbing a BnF in a premiership year.

My boy. Premiership B & F’s count so much more. Gun.
You’ve been his biggest advocate since 3 months prior to the 2015 draft, Scoop. Well played.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Wow congratulations Jayden Short on a JDM in a premiership year! I must admit i didn't expect him to win it, but he certainly has had a good season.

Can't say i was a Shorty enthusiast early days, but it did occur to me recently that the reason I'd enjoyed Shorty's 2020 season more so than previous years was because i noticed him less. Not to say he wasn't noticeably damaging with the football in his hands, he's always been a great user of the pill, but he was less noticeably poor in the contest.

He really stepped up his physical game and holds his own now. No one expects him to gorilla a contest like Dave Astbury, he's just got to put the body on the line. He demonstrated that best in the last Q contest of the GF, where Simpsons gets KO'd. Could have easily been Shorty seeing stars.

Only 24 YO too. Plenty of upside in this lad. When does his contract expire?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Well well well
What an astonishing turn of events.
There were plenty of doubters early days, perhaps with good reason.
BUT
To have turned in around and become such a key player in this team speaks volumes. He always had the foot skill, but was often deemed loose, soft or wary of physicality.
I think most would agree he’s worked darn hard on any of his (perceived) weaknesses, no doubt with the coaches as well identifying improvements in his game. Obviously he’s listened, learned and implemented them.
Congratulations and well done.
There are plenty of our other players who have room for improvement in their game. Hopefully we can still improve as a team

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I'm in the market for a watch, I might look at them or Brando's Uncle Jacks
If you're into military or vintage watches check out WMT. Mechanical and automatic movements. Obvious Rolex influences. You can customise your watch how you like. Great concept.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I was a critic. Seems I was wrong (again).
Congrats to what sounds like an outstanding young man in what was a massively challenging year for him.

Can only gaze in admiration at this team.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Well done Shorty on a great season.
There was no-one tougher or harder at the contest than Shorty on Saturday.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
props to JS, capped a great year with a ripping GF and now a Jack Dyer medal. nice.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
People can dig up old posts if it makes them feel good. Fact is, Jayden was soft. He was panicky, he was poor defensively. He is no longer. All credit to him.

You can use my old words to try to bury me if you like. But as Dimma says, I choose to be planted. Cheers!

Reactions: 15 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Well done Shorty, and well deserved. He’s a much improved player, and that’s something about the great sides, they win Premierships and continue to improve their players.

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Congrats Shorty, never doubted your skill, maybe your heart sometimes. I was wroooooonggggggggg

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Congrats Shorty, never doubted your skill, maybe your heart sometimes. I was wroooooonggggggggg
So many of us were wrong. Shorty has improved out of sight this season and has got the reward he richly deserved. I take some consolation in the fact post GF I did say he has come of age.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Fantastic season by Short! He has worked on his deficiencies that had some of us questioning his spot in the team. He has put all that to bed now.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I was totally wrong. Happy to own that. Just found out he lost his dad at the start of the season to. Well done fella, your Dad is somewhere proud as punch.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Shorty knockers had him in their bottom 6 RFC players just a few weeks ago..... :rotfl2