Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Ist in AFL in kicks
Ist in AFL for metres gained
1st in AFL for bounces
4th in AFL for rebound 50s
5th in AFL for effective disposals
6th in AFL for marks

Omitted from AA squad....Priceless!!

Byrne Jones doesn't crack top 10 in any stat. His claim to fame is no 15 in total intercepts:(

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Ist in AFL in kicks
Ist in AFL for metres gained
1st in AFL for bounces
4th in AFL for rebound 50s
5th in AFL for effective disposals
6th in AFL for marks

Omitted from AA squad....Priceless!!

Byrne Jones doesn't crack top 10 in any stat. His claim to fame is no 15 in total intercepts:(

It is unbelievable when you look at it.... and then there is Vlas.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Geelong supporters didn't think much of Corey Enright early. He made the AA squad seven times, first as a 26yo. Short is only 24. Would be good if...

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As others have mentioned, I loved his tackle on Blicavs, especially his......you'll get up when I let you up!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just didn't have the same level of hate levelled at him.
Hate?

And are you suggesting dusty has some level of hate directed at him?

We all get passionate about the club/team etc but not sure hate is the right word to describe the criticism that almost all of us level at various players. I mean I would never suggest that you level hate at george despite the constant negativity of your posts towards him.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
As has been mentioned, I loved his tackle on Blicavs, especially his......you'll get up when I let you up!!!!
Yeh, it was great. And an example of his improvement in this area - in the past he was more like a turnstile with his tackling. And Bl;cavs is a big man and it was a big moment that kept the momentum our way.

Reactions: 1 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Standing at the G, at the 2017 Prelim and a Cats supporter makes some wise crack about we'd be nothing without Houli, or something similar. I turn to him and say, we'll be right, Jayden Short's a good player, he'll be good cover for Houli when he retires. He says "Short.........Short, who the *smile* is he? Jayden Short..............get *smiled*" I replied, don't worry mate, you will! Now, I'm sure that knob doesn't remember the conversation, but I do, and only if I could say "Told ya, *smile* stick!"

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What an effort. Congratulations
Top class speech.
B&F in a premiership year, unbelievable

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Hate?

And are you suggesting dusty has some level of hate directed at him?

We all get passionate about the club/team etc but not sure hate is the right word to describe the criticism that almost all of us level at various players. I mean I would never suggest that you level hate at george despite the constant negativity of your posts towards him.

There was a real level of personal insult delivered at Shorty.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Was just going back over the stats of Shorty's season & by any measure it's been a breakout year for him. Just superb & well deserving of the JDM.
With Bachar getting close to the end he's stepped up big time. Massive credit to the lad after a very tough start to the year. Made of the right stuff.

Reactions: 6 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Watched both praccy games now and I all I can say is how good a nick does this bloke look like he is in.

As good as he was last year, he looks to me like he is going to go up another level again this year. Outclassed anyone the Pies threw at him.

A serious talent, and clearly the bloke the Blues should have dropped $900K per year on ahead of that spud Williams.

Not that they would have got him.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Short is an example of the most underrated part from the outside of why we are so successful.
we keep on unearthing gems. Short, Baker, Balta, Bolton, Graham, Castagna and the list goes on . None of them are first round draft picks

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Short is an example of the most underrated part from the outside of why we are so successful.
we keep on unearthing gems. Short, Baker, Balta, Bolton, Graham, Castagna and the list goes on . None of them are first round draft picks

Not sure why it is, but why are so many players that turn into excellent HBF's picked up so late in the draft. Short a rookie, Jake Lloyd a rookie, Rory Laird taken really late in the ND (in the 80's)